Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've had it with house hunting!

I've had it with house hunting!

Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've had it with house hunting!

Hi guys
We've waited 9 months for mortgage approval and can finally buy a home. So we 've been madly dashing to home opens for a while, researching different areas and finally found a gorgeous little house in a lovely area. It's tiring dragging the kids around and the pressure is on, considering it's such a big investment and you don't want to get it wrong.

We were hoping to write out an offer after a 2nd viewing tomorrow and the agent called to inform me that another couple have put an offer in and it has been accepted, so that's another one down the pan. It's weird that the owner wasn't even going to wait to hear our offer, funny as it may have been more than the other people's offer, it was certainly within the range.

Well, I'm off to bed, this whole house hunting thing is a nightmare... it's only 8.30pm as well! I know there must be a house for us out there, but it doesn't help when you start to feel excited about a house - a few weeks ago I remember writing that you have to be objective when buying and now I know that is really hard.
Take care peeps
Larissa
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:43 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I've had it with house hunting!

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
We've waited 9 months for mortgage approval and can finally buy a home. So we 've been madly dashing to home opens for a while, researching different areas and finally found a gorgeous little house in a lovely area. It's tiring dragging the kids around and the pressure is on, considering it's such a big investment and you don't want to get it wrong.

We were hoping to write out an offer after a 2nd viewing tomorrow and the agent called to inform me that another couple have put an offer in and it has been accepted, so that's another one down the pan. It's weird that the owner wasn't even going to wait to hear our offer, funny as it may have been more than the other people's offer, it was certainly within the range.

Well, I'm off to bed, this whole house hunting thing is a nightmare... it's only 8.30pm as well! I know there must be a house for us out there, but it doesn't help when you start to feel excited about a house - a few weeks ago I remember writing that you have to be objective when buying and now I know that is really hard.
Take care peeps
Larissa

Geessus

I thought the market eas flat out there, go and shout your offer at the agent and match any deals the agent may have going with the purchaser

G luck enjoy ya zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 830???
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bed Of Roses
Geessus

I thought the market eas flat out there, go and shout your offer at the agent and match any deals the agent may have going with the purchaser

G luck enjoy ya zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 830???
Lol, I wouldn't want an agent working for me who wasn't even going to find out what the other offer was... unless they were offering a million bucks or something (which seems high unlikely!)
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:50 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Larissa

Its a real pain isn't it, but, i guess that house wasn't meant to be and you will find another one soon which will make that one look like a shed If it's meant to be then the folk who've put the offer in will have their finance refused or something and it will be back on the market.

For now focus on all the things which were wrong with it, after an hour you'll have convinced yourself that the other buyers did you a favour

Lynn
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Larissa

Its a real pain isn't it, but, i guess that house wasn't meant to be and you will find another one soon which will make that one look like a shed If it's meant to be then the folk who've put the offer in will have their finance refused or something and it will be back on the market.

For now focus on all the things which were wrong with it, after an hour you'll have convinced yourself that the other buyers did you a favour

Lynn
Awww thanks Lyhh, I think you're right
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:59 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hi Larissa...sorry to hear your having such a mare...remind me you are in perth arent you. Ive been watching the houses going up and up in price and from what you are describing there is still a buying frenzy going on,which I was hoping would have stopped by now as I shall be joining the ranks of the frenzied in 8 weeks time. Im not looking forward to it either...! I keep seeing houses that I fall in love with but the minute they appear on the real estate page they are sold almost. I have 1 or 2 saved to the desktop that are a couple of months old and that being the case it makes me wonder whats wrong with them...wish you luck on finding dream home soon

peppi
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:23 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hi Larissa .....me old mukka

It's a bummer . No doubt you just want to put down some roots and finally be able to call somewhere "home"

I guess you just have to say "everything for a reason"....and at times like this generally you do find something better.....and you'll look back at this when you're in your new house and think "thank goodness "it worked out this way

You've come a long way and got this far....so this aint going to beat you.

Chin up girl

Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:19 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhh, how annoying! :scared:

No advice, just want to wish you good luck!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

dont let it get you down, the dream house for u is just round the corner, well not round the corner, but u know what i mean lol
good luck, keep yir chin up