Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got my incontinence pants ready

I've got my incontinence pants ready

Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:07 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've got my incontinence pants ready

:scared: OMG :scared:

I don't believe you did that.... you are so brave, I think you deserve a gold medal for bravery.

We won't have to look very hard for any type of spiders will we so I am sure (NOT) that we will get use to them in time (maybe 20yrs or so)

WELL DONE to you all

Ang
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

OOOIwannagosoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: I've got my incontinence pants ready

OOOOOOMG so exciting
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

OMG You did it.........you actually did it

Well done all of you.

Would like to know more details of the course, were you hypnotised?
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

I wouldn't worry about Aussie spiders, well apart from the ones in NSW that jump at you. I was bitten by a spider in my back garden in the UK about a month before I came to Oz...it hurt a bit but I didn't die and nothing went gangranous. Have been here 4 months now and so far not bitten by anything......touch wood!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:50 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Well done
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Nail FX is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
I wouldn't worry about Aussie spiders, well apart from the ones in NSW that jump at you.

That jump at you???????? How many on average do you see on a daily basis? Do a lot of spiders get into homes like they do here in the UK? Oh gawd I don't do spiders... I definately don't do jumping spiders eeek!!! We are hoping to migrate to NSW ..... please PLEASE someone give me some reasurance

:scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Foeke Booy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nail FX
That jump at you???????? How many on average do you see on a daily basis? Do a lot of spiders get into homes like they do here in the UK? Oh gawd I don't do spiders... I definately don't do jumping spiders eeek!!! We are hoping to migrate to NSW ..... please PLEASE someone give me some reasurance

Over a year I'd see about 10 nasty looking ones here in Melbourne. Plenty of Daddy Long Legs though.

You all worry too much.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:05 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by possoms
Me, DollyDaydream and GinaUK are off to London Zoo tomorrow to cuddle some spiders.

Wish us luck :scared:
But remember they will be tame spiders....not like the WILD ones that you get in your bathtub in AUS.... :scared:

CORKER
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nail FX

I'm in suburban Sydney and rarely see a spider from one month to the next. Most common variety (the ones we get most of) are daddy-long-legs - no different to the UK.

I've only ever seen a redback a few times (always outside) and never, ever seen a funnel-web. I did see a couple of little jumping spiders, on a trip to the country once, however they were tiny. Never seen any jumping spiders in Sydney. We hardly ever get huntsmens here either - probably see about one a year in our house.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:08 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
But remember they will be tame spiders....not like the WILD ones that you get in your bathtub in AUS.... :scared:

CORKER
Why, what are they going to do? Attack you with a loofer??

D D
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:20 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Well yes we did it still in shock that I not only held a Tarantula but also a large house spider.

It is not about the getting bitten that is not what Arachnophobia is all about it is an irrational misplaced fear. And 90% of us don't even think about the getting bitten bit, I for one was not frightened of the poisonous ones it was the big ones.

Its a brilliant course and I would recommend it to anyone.

Kay

Last edited by possoms; Aug 22nd 2005 at 9:23 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Me, DollyDaydream and GinaUK are off to London Zoo tomorrow to cuddle some spiders.

Wish us luck :scared:

Well done to you all!

I'm not sure how I'm going to react in Oz. I've never had a problem in the UK, but I need to get familiar with the ones that are going to cause me problems and the harmless ones. Its ok if you're born and bred Australian - I guess they teach you from a young age - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I guess I'm going to have to squidge a few till I'm 100% sure, though I really hate doing that. Wonder if they do a spider recognition course?!!!??? That would be really useful....

Anyway - well done again - sounds like it was a successful - if somewhat strange - day out

Netta
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 10:04 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Well done to you all!

I'm not sure how I'm going to react in Oz. I've never had a problem in the UK, but I need to get familiar with the ones that are going to cause me problems and the harmless ones. Its ok if you're born and bred Australian - I guess they teach you from a young age - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I guess I'm going to have to squidge a few till I'm 100% sure, though I really hate doing that. Wonder if they do a spider recognition course?!!!??? That would be really useful....

Anyway - well done again - sounds like it was a successful - if somewhat strange - day out

Netta
Hi how about a book of spiders to recognise which is which? Or just look them up on the net here is a link to indentifying them WARNING PEEPS PICS OF SPIDERS OBVIOUSLY

http://www.termite.com/spiders/australia.html

I am sure when you get there people will point out the bad ones they did with us.

Kay
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi how about a book of spiders to recognise which is which? Or just look them up on the net here is a link to indentifying them WARNING PEEPS PICS OF SPIDERS OBVIOUSLY

http://www.termite.com/spiders/australia.html

I am sure when you get there people will point out the bad ones they did with us.

Kay

Thanks Kay - I've saved this on my favorites.

Netta
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:04 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some pics of Kay....she did very well and if it wasn't for her giving me support I'm not sure I'd have done it all.....

D D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.