Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got an interview already

I've got an interview already

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've got an interview already

This isn't how I planned it! I was going to get to Perth in October, set up home then take it easy and get a job around Xmas time.

But someone passed me a job advert from the trade press a week ago and I sent off an email for more details just to get a feel for the going rate etc. The advert offered to arrange visas for successful candidates but after they requested my cv they now want to do a phone interview over the next 5 days. It is likely to be 7am or midnight too. I don't even know the details of the job or the package yet. This is all just way too fast!!!

With all the stress of finishing the house sale and arranging shippers and finishing at work I need a drink to sleep at nights but I daren't even do that now.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:28 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've got an interview already

Excellent news, fingers crossed!

Out of interest, what trade are you in?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:29 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
This isn't how I planned it! I was going to get to Perth in October, set up home then take it easy and get a job around Xmas time.

But someone passed me a job advert from the trade press a week ago and I sent off an email for more details just to get a feel for the going rate etc. The advert offered to arrange visas for successful candidates but after they requested my cv they now want to do a phone interview over the next 5 days. It is likely to be 7am or midnight too. I don't even know the details of the job or the package yet. This is all just way too fast!!!

With all the stress of finishing the house sale and arranging shippers and finishing at work I need a drink to sleep at nights but I daren't even do that now.

Flippen 'eck, you don't do things by halves do you??? Good luck on the interview, I'll keep everything crossed for you....

D D
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:54 pm
BLC

Good luck to ya, I am struggling in the UK and I am in the flipping country.

B

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Wayhey! Congratulations. what job are you applying for? Go for it!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, I was only thinking this morning about starting to apply for the jobs that come through to me each day by seek.com. But I know without the Visa I technically shouldnt be applying.

Ditto on the above - what trade are you in?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:04 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Nice one. I've just updated my CV to an Aussie Resume! and it's ready to go, unfortunately I'm not..... yet.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Comer
Nice one. I've just updated my CV to an Aussie Resume! and it's ready to go, unfortunately I'm not..... yet.
What does an Aussie Resume look like?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:06 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Wayhey! Congratulations. what job are you applying for? Go for it!!
I don't know exactly . It sounds somewhere between internal audit and consultancy for a large national (but not international) accountancy firm but if he likes my cv he must be keen to get someone with systems experience. How difficult can it be? - everyone knows all consultants do is drink coffee, utter the latest buzzwords then sack 10% of the staff.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:08 pm
A former regular of BE

What does an Aussie Resume look like?
15 pages long with long lists of everything you ever did apparently. He just got my normal UK one with the address removed and "UK" added after every location I have worked
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't know exactly . It sounds somewhere between internal audit and consultancy for a large national (but not international) accountancy firm but if he likes my cv he must be keen to get someone with systems experience. How difficult can it be? - everyone knows all consultants do is drink coffee, utter the latest buzzwords then sack 10% of the staff.
This is very encouraging because hubby has had his Accountancy qualification accepted through the ICAA and although we haven't yet applied for the main visa (not that we don't want to - it's our agent that is playing silly buggers), Accountants are on the MODL and there has been a lot of stuff in the press lately about how badly accountants are needed, so it may be worth applying. Think we may start looking at The Age site (melbourne newspaper) and start sending CV through, just in case.

Good luck with it all Worzel. How long ago did you apply for your visa?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

15 pages long with long lists of everything you ever did apparently.
Yep that's about right! Over here anymore than 2 pages is frowned upon yet my Resume is now 5 pages and does a better job of clearly describing my IT career so far.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

15 pages long with long lists of everything you ever did apparently. He just got my normal UK one with the address removed and "UK" added after every location I have worked
Well done Iain! Fingers crossed for you!

My CV is about 12 pages long - is it not a bit short?

I just bullet-pointed the main responsibilities and achievements. If I detailed everything, it'd be the size of book!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:21 pm
A former regular of BE

This is very encouraging because hubby has had his Accountancy qualification accepted through the ICAA and although we haven't yet applied for the main visa (not that we don't want to - it's our agent that is playing silly buggers), Accountants are on the MODL and there has been a lot of stuff in the press lately about how badly accountants are needed, so it may be worth applying. Think we may start looking at The Age site (melbourne newspaper) and start sending CV through, just in case.

Good luck with it all Worzel. How long ago did you apply for your visa?
We applied at the end of January and got the visa in mid-April. What have we been doing since then? Oh yeah, 3 months to sell the house and 5 weeks for the solicitors to do nothing about it

When do you think you will arrive in Australia? Every indication I have had is that there is no point in applying for jobs until you have your visa and can give an arrival date within the next couple of months.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:22 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Way to go Worzie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.