Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've fallen in love again......with Cairns

I've fallen in love again......with Cairns

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've fallen in love again......with Cairns

5 day trip up north just fab! Passports - check, tickets - check, kids - check, valium - check! Cried on take off, once up in air valium kicked in and all was good man Cairns - fab city, love it, kids didn't want to leave, 28 degrees, nice sea breeze, weather perfect! Scenery great! Even the locals sniffing meths and downing VB didn't put me off! Esplanade great - wonderful play paks for kids, lots of entertainment and tacky shops (love that crap)! Port Douglas beautiful, reminded us of Noosa, only ever so slightly more upmarket and less developed. Mossman Gorge - great! Aaron jumped boulder to boulder and - fell in head first (knocked some sense into him)! Sugar cane fields so much taller than down here - are they steroid fed? Atherton tablelands - lovely, Skyrail - wow, we went on it there and back, Cam cried initially but then got use to the height! Saw crocs basking alongside the Barron river, lots of rainforest, then more rainforest the Kuranda - hurrah! Civilisation (again drinking VB and sniffing meths). Reminded us of Eumundi so kids felt at home! Fitzroy Island - well we walked, did lots of photography and basked in the sun. I got sunburnt (slap wrist). We met up with our mates who'd flown over from UK especially! Tearful farewells! On the whole, a wonderful time! Would definately recommend a trip up the Cook Hwy! It just struck us as one of the most undeveloped and unspoilt areas of Aus. Just hope it stays that way! Bixxy you're a lucky lucky bugger, very envious!

PS: flight back great, landed now freezing our arses off as its 8 degrees! Will attach pics of said trip XXXXX
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-alittlesurf.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-annieinparadise.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-anniekidsnudeybeach.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-anniemarknudeybeach.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-atimetosnorkle.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've fallen in love again......with Cairns

Originally Posted by glittababe
5 day trip up north just fab! Passports - check, tickets - check, kids - check, valium - check! Cried on take off, once up in air valium kicked in and all was good man Cairns - fab city, love it, kids didn't want to leave, 28 degrees, nice sea breeze, weather perfect! Scenery great! Even the locals sniffing meths and downing VB didn't put me off! Esplanade great - wonderful play paks for kids, lots of entertainment and tacky shops (love that crap)! Port Douglas beautiful, reminded us of Noosa, only ever so slightly more upmarket and less developed. Mossman Gorge - great! Aaron jumped boulder to boulder and - fell in head first (knocked some sense into him)! Sugar cane fields so much taller than down here - are they steroid fed? Atherton tablelands - lovely, Skyrail - wow, we went on it there and back, Cam cried initially but then got use to the height! Saw crocs basking alongside the Barron river, lots of rainforest, then more rainforest the Kuranda - hurrah! Civilisation (again drinking VB and sniffing meths). Reminded us of Eumundi so kids felt at home! Fitzroy Island - well we walked, did lots of photography and basked in the sun. I got sunburnt (slap wrist). We met up with our mates who'd flown over from UK especially! Tearful farewells! On the whole, a wonderful time! Would definately recommend a trip up the Cook Hwy! It just struck us as one of the most undeveloped and unspoilt areas of Aus. Just hope it stays that way! Bixxy you're a lucky lucky bugger, very envious!

PS: flight back great, landed now freezing our arses off as its 8 degrees! Will attach pics of said trip XXXXX
and some more xxxxx
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-barronfallsgorge.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-cairnsateve.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-cairnslagoona.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-churchbells.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-cookhwy2.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

and some more xxxxx
and more xxxxxx
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-coralbeach1.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-coraltowers.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-fitzroy1.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-coralbeach6.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-fourmilebeach2.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Come on, there not real pics, you got them online

Looks fab, although it is quite sunny here for the minute, how long it will last though is another question
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

and more xxxxxx
anyone bored yet? Well tough - have to share!
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-theonlysurf.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-sugarcane.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-stainglassart.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-yippeee.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-skyrailforsure.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Come on, there not real pics, you got them online

Looks fab, although it is quite sunny here for the minute, how long it will last though is another question
Its handy being a photographer! X
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-skyrail2.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-skyrail1.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-shadows.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-barronfallsgorge2.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-mossman1.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I've been sitting here awaiting your call Annie
I even told me sons if a strange lady phones ring me on me mobile.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its handy being a photographer! X
Mossman Gorge anyone? Have shite loads of pics (as Sarah J has just found out - sorry chick) - again I have to share!
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-mossman2.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-mossman3.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-mossmanaaron.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-asnatureleftit.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-mossmanmist.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
I've been sitting here awaiting your call Annie
I even told me sons if a strange lady phones ring me on me mobile.
I searched and searched for you!!!!!! Had no internet access and only 5 days! But fear not.....we'll be back, oh yep we'll be back! We're planning next trip in a few months time so we can 4WD Daintree and Cape Trib X Sorry XXX Didn't have your number X
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-rexslookout.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-reef5.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-kurandadreamtime.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-paradiseplace.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-ontherocks4.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:44 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning photos !!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

I searched and searched for you!!!!!! Had no internet access and only 5 days! But fear not.....we'll be back, oh yep we'll be back! We're planning next trip in a few months time so we can 4WD Daintree and Cape Trib X Sorry XXX Didn't have your number X
Bix if it makes you feel any better - hubby even enquired about you at Cairns Police HQ (took a snap of that too) - luckily for you - you're not known
The conversation went along the lines of "so whats their surname?" - "ummmm Bix or maybe Bics" - "and they're expecting you Sir?" - "well we think so" - "but they haven't given you their first names, address or telephone numbers" - "ummm nope, we know them via the internet" - after that it went downhill ..........
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-anniemarknudeybeach.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-portdoug1.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-newaussieflag.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-nudeybeach.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-nudeyollie.jpg  

Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bix if it makes you feel any better - hubby even enquired about you at Cairns Police HQ (took a snap of that too) - luckily for you - you're not known
The conversation went along the lines of "so whats their surname?" - "ummmm Bix or maybe Bics" - "and they're expecting you Sir?" - "well we think so" - "but they haven't given you their first names, address or telephone numbers" - "ummm nope, we know them via the internet" - after that it went downhill ..........
Ya daft bugger Annie
I thought I gave you my number, oh well, next time.
Glad you enjoyed it though.
Haven't I been preaching the gospel ? Yeah lordy and I been telling the truth
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

started repeating photo's - definately bedtime XXXXX
Attached Thumbnails I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-aaronwins.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-ontherocks.jpg   I've fallen in love again......with Cairns-ollielagoona.jpg  
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Ya daft bugger Annie
I thought I gave you my number, oh well, next time.
Glad you enjoyed it though.
Haven't I been preaching the gospel ? Yeah lordy and I been telling the truth
Funny really, Mark made a new mate - a cop called Craig, he's been texting him ever since that odd encounter Even texted him advice on the best sights to see etc. Maybe he was just being helpful being that they're both cops etc Right bedtime!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

What fantastic photos and a lovely family you've got.

Cairns looks georgeous would definitely like to visit there some time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.