Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Iv got my Medical next Thursday and I have a major problem !!

Iv got my Medical next Thursday and I have a major problem !!

Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:43 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all
Default Iv got my Medical next Thursday and I have a major problem !!

I stupidly sent my passport away on Monday with my PCCs !!

What the hell can I do now ??

Marc.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iv got my Medical next Thursday and I have a major problem !!

Originally Posted by Marcopolo

Marc.

Pray

They will more than likely be back, but if not then you may have to rearrange your medicals. Ring the doctors on Tuesday if you don't have them by then and they'll tell you what to do
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:49 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
Pray

They will more than likely be back, but if not then you may have to rearrange your medicals. Ring the doctors on Tuesday if you don't have them by then and they'll tell you what to do
I cant really change my medical. Iv booked the whole week off work - Do'h. I cant see it being back by Thursday. Dosnt it on average take 30 days to come back ??
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant really change my medical. Iv booked the whole week off work - Do'h. I cant see it being back by Thursday. Dosnt it on average take 30 days to come back ??

The police certificate can take up to 40 days, but they usually send your documents back more or less straight away
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:57 am
Visa granted member

Originally Posted by Wendy
The police certificate can take up to 40 days, but they usually send your documents back more or less straight away
Thank god for that. I can now go and brush my teeth without brushing hard and causing my gums to bleed through frustration
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Marc.
Why have you sent your Passport , all you needed to do was go to the bank with a copy and they certify it an that's what you send

If i were you I would phone up saying you have a emerency and you need your passport ASAP and then go to bank and send off copy !
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by tabby
Why have you sent your Passport , all you needed to do was go to the bank with a copy and they certify it an that's what you send

If i were you I would phone up saying you have a emerency and you need your passport ASAP and then go to bank and send off copy !

We went to our local police station with our passports, they checked them.

Paid our £10 each then they sent off the forms and gave us back our passports.

Took about 35 days to come back
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Marc.
hi marc try not to worry they should be back before next week the police check takes 40 days but they send you a reciept and your documents usually the photocopys you have sent them within a few days i would give them a ring and tell them whats happened and that may give you a bit of reassurance that when they get them they will send them straight back.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:17 pm
Visa granted member

All sorted now. I spoke to a lady this afternoon. She found my passport and told me that she would do what she had to do with it there and then and post it to me this afternoon.

The reason I sent my passport and not a photocopy is because is stated on the form that they would only accept originals. I didnt have anything else that was photo ID.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:04 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

It'll taken a week for the blood tests to come back before they send off your medical results.. so you might be able to go in later with the passport if it doesn't turn up for the medical
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All sorted now. I spoke to a lady this afternoon. She found my passport and told me that she would do what she had to do with it there and then and post it to me this afternoon.

The reason I sent my passport and not a photocopy is because is stated on the form that they would only accept originals. I didnt have anything else that was photo ID.

I trust your gums are feeling relieved this morning then