Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's Raining!!!!!!

It's Raining!!!!!!

Old Feb 20th 2003, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Mumto4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's Raining!!!!!!

and it's now been made official that my parents are the drought breakers for Australia.

Every time my parents come to visit (twice a year) it rains - guess what they're due out next Saturday. I've been joking with them that we are due for a flood, they are non too happy as not only do they come out to visit their "Aussie FamilY" they come for a bit of sun! Oh well things may brighten up before then!

I live on the mid north coast of NSW and it has been raining for over 24 hours now with a good downpoor overnight.

How is the rest of Australia doing? We do need it!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: It's Raining!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mumto4
and it's now been made official that my parents are the drought breakers for Australia.

Every time my parents come to visit (twice a year) it rains - guess what they're due out next Saturday. I've been joking with them that we are due for a flood, they are non too happy as not only do they come out to visit their "Aussie FamilY" they come for a bit of sun! Oh well things may brighten up before then!

I live on the mid north coast of NSW and it has been raining for over 24 hours now with a good downpoor overnight.

How is the rest of Australia doing? We do need it!
Rained overnight in Melbourne too. Think it's going to continue today, but clearing tomorrow. It's so dry here that it hasn't taken much time for it to soak in already.
The birds are certainly loving it though, especially the Cockys who certainly had something to say at about 6am!!
Old Feb 21st 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Yesterday Adelaide had the wettest February day in 30 years. And today we woke up to thick fog!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's Raining!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mumto4
And I thought it was just my folks, Mumto4! They arrived a couple of weeks ago and we'd been saying the same thing to them beforehand. Quite funny, actually - they are in Brisbane this week and we're back to blue skies in Sydney. They are back in Sydney on Saturday...I won't be planning a barbecue this weekend...
Old Feb 27th 2003, 5:39 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Colin

Thank your parents for the overcast, rainy, windy, cloudy weather they have brought to Brisbane, it's very miserable outside!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
Colin

Thank your parents for the overcast, rainy, windy, cloudy weather they have brought to Brisbane, it's very miserable outside!
Don't worry, your sunshine will be back at the weekend!!!
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

......and guess what?

Its raining here in England too.
Old Feb 27th 2003, 8:51 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sundarize
......and guess what?

Hi
Might be where you live but it's brilliant sunshine in Essex!!!!!!
Debs
Old Feb 28th 2003, 4:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sundarize
......and guess what?

Next you tell us its winter there and summer here I love weather watchers what else is there in life? until you have seen rain here you have no idea what the word down pour means.

Old Feb 28th 2003, 4:39 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Next you tell us its winter there and summer here I love weather watchers what else is there in life? until you have seen rain here you have no idea what the word down pour means.

PB - presumably on this occasion you are not being sarcastic as you go on to comment on the weather yourself, indeed almost in a kind of showing off way about Oz weather compared to UK, have we found the one thing you prefer about Oz?

Old Feb 28th 2003, 4:55 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jayr
Originally posted by pommie bastard

PB - presumably on this occasion you are not being sarcastic as you go on to comment on the weather yourself, indeed almost in a kind of showing off way about Oz weather compared to UK, have we found the one thing you prefer about Oz?

To honest little appeals to me about WA not Australia as a whole which is far to vast for me to cover all of it mores the pity.
We Poms make weather watching a lifestyle some even have mood changes because of it most strange indeed.

Whether the weather be mild or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not.

Old Feb 28th 2003, 5:04 am
Karma Comedian

Or, as in the occasional postcard home:

Weather's here.
Wish you were wonderful.