It's pay time.

Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Question It's pay time.

So what is a reasonable OZ wage ?

I saw a comment in an old thread that suggested A$150k per annum would be required to keep a family of four. As his wage was only going to be about A$50k he said some gaps still needed filling. Someone did question the figure but no response was posted.

I suppose it depends on what standard of living you are accustomed to but judging by the (percieved) lower cost of living over there it seems a pretty good wage to me especially as making the move will mean no mortgage hanging around my neck.

It's a bit subjective but what do you think - or know ?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:31 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: It's pay time.

Originally posted by Bix

I saw a comment in an old thread that suggested A$150k per annum would be required to keep a family of four. As his wage was only going to be about A$50k he said some gaps still needed filling. Someone did question the figure but no response was posted.

I suppose it depends on what standard of living you are accustomed to but judging by the (percieved) lower cost of living over there it seems a pretty good wage to me especially as making the move will mean no mortgage hanging around my neck.

$150K?...Today that's £63,872.6!

What do these people eat & drink?...an exclusive diet truffles & caviar and vintage champers.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:49 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno what people have about this wage thing. If you can get back into your career when in Australia then you are really having the same money and bills that you did in the U.K., nothing has changed. OK, lower pay but cost of living is lower.

However if you have moved from a high paid career job into a low paid non-skilled job in australia then you will need to change some of your life style to fit in with your low paid job.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 3:05 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix

try this
http://www.wages.com.au/
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:31 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
I saw a comment in an old thread that suggested A$150k per annum would be required to keep a family of four. ?
cripes, if you need 150k to keep a family of four I might as well throw my application form away - we will be lucky to scratch 75k between us!!!

sue
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:00 am
WBB

Originally posted by rapitts
OK, lower pay but cost of living is lower.
that evens things out then!

i wont mind taking a drop in pay (and hours) because we wont have a mortgage over there, we would be saving enough each year on mortgage payments to not have to worry.

i would happily work for the $50k Bix mentioned.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:30 am
Just Joined

LeaB is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at http://www.hays.com.au and click on their salary survey - it is quite comprehensive.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:43 am
ABCDiamond

Many families can get by on $45k per year gross.

I know some who get by on $25,000 per year.

It all depends an what you want, how hard you want to work, and what you will accept.

$50k without a mortgage sounds comfortable.

Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Many families can get by on $45k per year gross.

I know some who get by on $25,000 per year.

It all depends an what you want, how hard you want to work, and what you will accept.

$50k without a mortgage sounds comfortable.
Sorry, how much would you bring home from a $50k salary per month. Our friends expenses are between $3k and $3.5k per month and that is without being extravagant. Mortgage, Food, Electricity, Car Expense, School Fees (for 1), phone, internet.

Cars were bought outright, but you have road tax, insurance etc.

Even the guy on Aussiemove.com has expenses of around the same.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:10 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
Sorry, how much would you bring home from a $50k salary per month. Our friends expenses are between $3k and $3.5k per month and that is without being extravagant. Mortgage, Food, Electricity, Car Expense, School Fees (for 1), phone, internet.

I'd say about $3,100 pm take home, but then you may be entitled to child benefits etc, say $250 pm

Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you have a guess as to what their mortgage would be fortnight/month please?

We pay same rego and about $150/year/car on insurance and the electric is only $400/QTR...
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by evorobin
Could you have a guess as to what their mortgage would be fortnight/month please?

We pay same rego and about $150/year/car on insurance and the electric is only $400/QTR...
Evorobin, see my post on 'How do Aussie's survive' I have posted my friends expenses.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Evorobin, see my post on 'How do Aussie's survive' I have posted my friends expenses.

By the way what is rego and they live in Perth. They have a house on a 811 sq m plot. I believe that is considered to be a good size.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way what is rego and they live in Perth. They have a house on a 811 sq m plot. I believe that is considered to be a good size.
REGO is roadtax basically, It comes with public liability and means you can drive with no third party insurance which the poor people think is OK

Not sure about the land size in Perth but that is average for an adelaide house.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:20 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by evorobin
REGO is roadtax basically, It comes with public liability and means you can drive with no third party insurance which the poor people think is OK

Not sure about the land size in Perth but that is average for an adelaide house.
... with no third party PROPERTY insurance ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.