Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

its official, QLD driving test is no more!!

its official, QLD driving test is no more!!

Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: its official, QLD driving test is no more!!

Originally Posted by debbiemc
went to do the test for the 4th time!!!!! was about to chaeat, had biro diagrams all over my legs and my mate elizabeth who we i'm now on first name terms with said that as from midday today, they recieved an email saying that you overseas citizens don't have to do the test anymore

i was jumping around and laughing like a mad woman, all the staff thought it was hilarious!! QLD transport tewantin, i thank you so all of you still waiting, go get it!!!!

I happy for you...but also annoyed....I coughed up the 60 odd dollars for the test last week!!...could have spent that money on something a little more exciting
Oh well!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:40 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

just been to the centre in kippa-ring and got my licence stright away they said from last friday the test is no more yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee no more thinking about that bloody test and looking at that book

lisa
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anewlife
I dont think so, I think the lady said if the country was in the "list" then the requirement for a written test had been removed.

Call them, they dont bite
Can you do it for me, it'll cost too much from over here
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:22 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
I happy for you...but also annoyed....I coughed up the 60 odd dollars for the test last week!!...could have spent that money on something a little more exciting
Oh well!
Isn't the written test about $17, did you do the practical test?

Paul
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Does anyone know if its the same for a New Zealand licence?

Just that the Mrs has not got a British one
Poor Shaz.
At least I know I wont be walking when I get to Brissy! Was dreading the eye test.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:04 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Can you still change/get QLD driving licence if you are on a 4yr temp visa?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:16 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright all you smart people out there

Whats the deal with converting a UK HGV license then? Still gotta pay?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Alright all you smart people out there

Whats the deal with converting a UK HGV license then? Still gotta pay?
Or a "Kiwi" class 5 (same as a UK1) and what's involved.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Or a "Kiwi" class 5 (same as a UK1) and what's involved.
You're up early!
Bet you are at 'work' being kept very, very busy I see.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice
Smile Re: its official, QLD driving test is no more!!

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Can you still change/get QLD driving licence if you are on a 4yr temp visa?

Yes indeedy........just make sure you have a passport, the uk licence, something with your home address in Aus on it, and one other form of ID like a Bankcard with your name printed on it..oh, and $65.00 or a 5 year licence.... remember to smile for the camera... you'll hate the photo if you don't...and you have to look at it for 5 years...apart from that it's that simple (although you may encounter an ugly woman who doesn't know anything about the new rules....be patient and keep cool.) welcome to Petrolhead Heaven...or Hell, can't quite decide...

Bloo.

By the way, make sure actually they put Motorcycle down if you want this option as the computer requires separate entries, and you can only get Car and Motorcycle Licence at the moment....Trucks etc will still need the horrible little book and do a test...
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bloofox
Yes indeedy........just make sure you have a passport, the uk licence, something with your home address in Aus on it, and one other form of ID like a Bankcard with your name printed on it..oh, and $65.00 or a 5 year licence.... remember to smile for the camera... you'll hate the photo if you don't...and you have to look at it for 5 years...apart from that it's that simple (although you may encounter an ugly woman who doesn't know anything about the new rules....be patient and keep cool.) welcome to Petrolhead Heaven...or Hell, can't quite decide...

Bloo.

By the way, make sure actually they put Motorcycle down if you want this option as the computer requires separate entries, and you can only get Car and Motorcycle Licence at the moment....Trucks etc will still need the horrible little book and do a test...

Hi
I went to Queensland Transport yesterday and got my licence just by paying the $65 but the lady there said it was because of a loophole in the law discovered last Friday afternoon why I didn't have to do a theory test. She said it would revert back to having to do the test probably at the end of this week. Good job I went in yesterday. I think only applies to UK drivers but don't quote me on that. Makes me wonder how the loophole was discovered. Feel sorry for all those who failed their test just before this discovery!!!
My advice is GET DOWN TO QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT QUICK
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiths
Hi
I went to Queensland Transport yesterday and got my licence just by paying the $65 but the lady there said it was because of a loophole in the law discovered last Friday afternoon why I didn't have to do a theory test. She said it would revert back to having to do the test probably at the end of this week. Good job I went in yesterday. I think only applies to UK drivers but don't quote me on that. Makes me wonder how the loophole was discovered. Feel sorry for all those who failed their test just before this discovery!!!
My advice is GET DOWN TO QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT QUICK
I recieved this direct from queensland transport after I enquired when they were going to update their website:

Hello,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the change over of your UK licence.

Queensland Transport recently updated the process for imigrants who wish to
aquire a Queensland Drivers licence. You are correct, a written test is no
longer required from a UK licence holder.

Your enquiry has been forwarded to the relevant area of Queensland
Transport for their action. They will reply directly to you. Queensland
Transport is committed to providing quality service to our customers.

Regards,

Last edited by cresta57; Nov 28th 2006 at 7:56 pm. Reason: removal of name
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for letting us all know Debbie.
I was hoping not to have to take it, I really cannot be bothered as I am going home fingers crossed early next year.
I am very pleased though I will spread the word.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The S's
Shut it Trev

I Aint taking no test man.
Hope all is going well with you.

Sean
bleeding brummies.......... you proberbly failed yours a few times eh you never could drive........you'll fit in over here

will drop you's a mail
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Shit man.............. we just passed ours on friday morning, should have waited but just wanted to get it done before starting work, hay ho

Martin & Angie
ey up you two, how are you? where did you ed up then?

does that mean you passed first time then??!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.