Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

its a lot to ask

its a lot to ask

Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:19 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Talking its a lot to ask

Hi all can anyone help me, im trying to sort out a budget as im still in holiday mode, been here 3 months and are savings are going quick!!!

Hubby gets paid every two weeks, how much would you say to put aside for:

gas
elec
phone
mobile top up
food
fuel
anything else?

Sorry I know its alot to ask but i just need averages, household of 5 (includes my 5 year old)

Thanks in advance to you all grovel grovel!!!!!

if i get in all on paper hubby will be very happy with me!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: its a lot to ask

Originally Posted by Dawn

Hi all can anyone help me, im trying to sort out a budget as im still in holiday mode, been here 3 months and are savings are going quick!!!

Hubby gets paid every two weeks, how much would you say to put aside for:

gas
elec
phone
mobile top up
food
fuel
anything else?

Sorry I know its alot to ask but i just need averages, household of 5 (includes my 5 year old)

Thanks in advance to you all grovel grovel!!!!!

if i get in all on paper hubby will be very happy with me!

I budget the following:

gas $100 per month (I have a gas heated spa)
elec $200 per month (pool, r/c aircon, dishwasher, tumble drier etc etc)
phone/internet $100 per month
mobile top up $20 per month
food $1000 per month
fuel $300 per month
Spending money, ie eating out, bottle shop etc $600 per month
There is also house insurance of $60 per month and I put aside for car rego, car insurance, shire rates, water rates.

I would say my budget seems a lot and I don't always have bills that high but what is left gets saved.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:33 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

you are a star! thank you so much for that!!! do you just leave the money in the bank or tranfer it? i was think of setting up a savers account and having a direct debit go into that every two weeks, and have bills paid from that, what do you think?? how many are there in your family thanks for taking the time to do that
Old Sep 15th 2006, 5:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

you are a star! thank you so much for that!!! do you just leave the money in the bank or tranfer it? i was think of setting up a savers account and having a direct debit go into that every two weeks, and have bills paid from that, what do you think?? how many are there in your family thanks for taking the time to do that
we do all our banking online with anz. we have 2 accounts that are linked online. I transfer money every week into the savers account (paying 5.9%) just leaving enough in the current account for shopping, spending etc. I have a spreadsheet that totals up how much I have put aside for each bill. I got my electric today and it was $220 for 46 days so I have $300 put aside so whats left gets saved (or spent on getting my hair done tomorrow in this case!) We are a me, hubby and 2 girls of 8 and 4.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 7:05 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
we do all our banking online with anz. we have 2 accounts that are linked online. I transfer money every week into the savers account (paying 5.9%) just leaving enough in the current account for shopping, spending etc. I have a spreadsheet that totals up how much I have put aside for each bill. I got my electric today and it was $220 for 46 days so I have $300 put aside so whats left gets saved (or spent on getting my hair done tomorrow in this case!) We are a me, hubby and 2 girls of 8 and 4.
I was always good with money until I moved to England 7 years ago and then I think lonliness, homesickness and generally having more of it, due to my partner ~ made me not so good.

I like your idea of 2 accounts that you can access online. I think that is a brilliant idea.

Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:24 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

that is such a big help thank you, im going online to open a new account now, thanks again for your time, oh yeah, who do you have your gas and elec with??? you dont by any chance go to the hilarys meets do you?

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I was always good with money until I moved to England 7 years ago and then I think lonliness, homesickness and generally having more of it, due to my partner ~ made me not so good.

I like your idea of 2 accounts that you can access online. I think that is a brilliant idea.

Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

that is such a big help thank you, im going online to open a new account now, thanks again for your time, oh yeah, who do you have your gas and elec with??? you dont by any chance go to the hilarys meets do you?

Alinta for gas, and Synergy for electric. No choice I am afraid here in Perth. I went to the Hillarys meet this week for the first time in about a year, there were so many new faces.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:28 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

I was there this week, its not normally that mad....got chatting to some girls from another site, they all came to, felt bit sorry cause not much room for them to squeeze in as they had push chairs. i was the one with red and black hair!!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

I was there this week, its not normally that mad....got chatting to some girls from another site, they all came to, felt bit sorry cause not much room for them to squeeze in as they had push chairs. i was the one with red and black hair!!
I was at the far end with Yvonne and Karen. Lardy bird in a pink t shirt and cute looking 4 year old girl.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:36 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Ahh I know, well hope to see you next week, ive been going for about 6 weeks as only arrived 12 weeks ago, give me a fix for the week, to talk to some really nice people. sure it wont be as mad next week. thanks again for your help, i would have collared you yesterday if i knew how much help you were going to be ...have a good weekend.....im off to try and sort my money out now

Originally Posted by northernbird
I was at the far end with Yvonne and Karen. Lardy bird in a pink t shirt and cute looking 4 year old girl.