Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Old May 15th 2003, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many died from SARS , Malaria or any number of minor ailments found in Asia?
Just stabbings, and drive by shootings in sunny Manchester.
Old May 15th 2003, 2:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
Just stabbings, and drive by shootings in sunny Manchester.
Not unlike Asia then ? the Asian gangs here are pretty much the same type of fun people.

POLICE are appealing for calm after the latest revenge attack in an ongoing feud between Asian gangs which has claimed three lives.

Five people fled a blazing home in Alexander Heights after a firebomb was hurled through a front bedroom window early yesterday.

A male occupant was treated at Royal Perth Hospital for smoke inhalation and the other four were given oxygen at the scene.

Two long-bladed knives discarded on the property's front lawn were recovered by police yesterday.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 15th 2003 at 2:09 am.
Old May 15th 2003, 2:02 am
Bilbo

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well spent a couple of lovely holidays in wonderful Asia in so called 5 star hotels watching rats run around the bedroom , kept the windows shut the open drains are not to my taste but seem to suit you?

I'm not in the slightest interested in furthering your education if for no other reason than that your mind is a closed book of blank pages.

Glad you did not venture from your European tomb on your Asian "Adventure". I can imagine the look of utter disgust in the faces of the locals on tasting your curried flesh.

Pity, I'm sure, that your limbs have atropieid to such an extent that you can not cook even that most simple of fare, fish and chips. Won't be much longer and you won't have to chew either - drink blended fish and chips through a straw.

Old May 15th 2003, 2:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bilbo
I'm not in the slightest interested in furthering your education if for no other reason than that your mind is a closed book of blank pages.

Glad you did not venture from your European tomb on your Asian "Adventure". I can imagine the look of utter disgust in the faces of the locals on tasting your curried flesh.

Pity, I'm sure, that your limbs have atropieid to such an extent that you can not cook even that most simple of fare, fish and chips. Won't be much longer and you won't have to chew either - drink blended fish and chips through a straw.

Been there done that if I wished to amire a rubbish tip I could see Perths instead , far cheaper on travel costs , I did think about building a hotel next to it the smell it gives off is not unlike a Bali street.

Old May 15th 2003, 2:25 am
Bilbo

Been there done that if I wished to amire a rubbish tip I could see Perths instead , far cheaper on travel costs , I did think about building a hotel next to it the smell it gives off is not unlike a Bali street.

Thanks for reassuring me of my understanding of the nature of your 2 Asian "Adventures" and that I have not the remotest chance of having to participate in partaking of your mortal remains.

Old May 15th 2003, 2:35 am
Banned

Originally posted by Bilbo
Thanks for reassuring me of my understanding of the nature of your 2 Asian "Adventures" and that I have not the remotest chance of having to participate in partaking of your mortal remains.

I have seen a bit more of the pits of the planet than 2 trips but have learned my lesson now thanks.

Old May 15th 2003, 3:19 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Have to dis-agree with this has there been chip shops shutting down all over the UK ? the fish sold here is crap compared to a good piece of cod or haddock.

The chip shops may still be open but you're quite pressed to find cod or haddock these days in a UK chippie - fishing quota on the 2 species is very restricted and price is sky high. What passes for either is usually something different these days, eg dogfish.

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 3:24 am
Banned

Default Re: Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
The chip shops may still be open but you're quite pressed to find cod or haddock these days in a UK chippie - fishing quota on the 2 species is very restricted and price is sky high. What passes for either is usually something different these days, eg dogfish.

Cheers - Don

Must tell my bother that hes being done the fish at his chippy is sold as Cod and Haddock , could be a court case here.

Old May 16th 2003, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Well spent a couple of lovely holidays in wonderful Asia in so called 5 star hotels watching rats run around the bedroom , kept the windows shut the open drains are not to my taste but seem to suit you?

PB, I just cannot believe the terrible life you have had over the past 9 years. I really don't know how you have come through it all, and still sane too???? Lets hope that when you get back to good old UK, life will be better for you.
I can give you a list of stories like those you tell of our european holidays too, so my advise to you when you get back is don't go anywhere, get yourself a job (and you will have to do a days work here not play on the computer all day). You wont beable to play golf at weekends, either can't afford the fees or p**ing down with something or other. Tuck yourself up with a few cans in front of the telly, and watch Corrie or Eastenders, and see if they can beat you on the story lines.
Old May 16th 2003, 6:54 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre
PB, I just cannot believe the terrible life you have had over the past 9 years. Better believe it. Really terrible. Perth's the arse end of the universe. I really don't know how you have come through it all, and still sane too???? Maybe not very sane actually. Lets hope that when you get back to good old UK, life will be better for you. I think not.
There's always hope, I suppose.

Cheers - Don
Old May 16th 2003, 7:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre
PB, I just cannot believe the terrible life you have had over the past 9 years. I really don't know how you have come through it all, and still sane too???? Lets hope that when you get back to good old UK, life will be better for you.
I can give you a list of stories like those you tell of our european holidays too, so my advise to you when you get back is don't go anywhere, get yourself a job (and you will have to do a days work here not play on the computer all day). You wont beable to play golf at weekends, either can't afford the fees or p**ing down with something or other. Tuck yourself up with a few cans in front of the telly, and watch Corrie or Eastenders, and see if they can beat you on the story lines.
suzanne ,in my 25yrs in the removal industry, i have seen the pb,s and the dottys of the world ,come and go,they come here with such high expectations ,only to be toally disillusioned by it all,because they can,t recreate their world here, they have to tear,the fabric of every body elses , packed up a couple the other day ,he [english ] she [aussie]had given the country all of 9mths,could ,nt find a job in his "field" [lecturer]had not had a meaningful conversation in 9mths{?], hated the aussie obsession with sport,so he was off ,leaving the dutiful wife to sell the house,and arrange all the shipping etc,..........all we could say ,was one less prat in the country.........mm
Old May 16th 2003, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

the other day ,he [english ] she [aussie]had given the country all of 9mths,could ,nt find a job in his "field" [lecturer]had not had a meaningful conversation in 9mths{?], hated the aussie obsession with sport,so he was off ,leaving the dutiful wife to sell the house,and arrange all the shipping etc,..........all we could say ,was one less prat in the country.........mm
Better to admit its not right and return home than stay and keep moaning about it. So is he a prat or a realist.?

Its not right for everyone for all different reasons, its better to try it than not try at all.

Last edited by karawara88; May 16th 2003 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree if things are not right one is better off returning home, but at the same time you question how hard some try to make it work.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:15 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

As opposed to having 3 of the great deserts, the barrier reef, the whitsundays, the kimberleys, rainforests and a whole host of other wonders on your doorstep. If city-hopping is your thing then why go to live in one of the most sparsely populated countries on the planet? If you love the great outdoors then things are completely different, it's difficult here to find anywhere away from other humans.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

bobinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bored_bean
As opposed to having 3 of the great deserts, the barrier reef, the whitsundays, the kimberleys, rainforests and a whole host of other wonders on your doorstep. If city-hopping is your thing then why go to live in one of the most sparsely populated countries on the planet? If you love the great outdoors then things are completely different, it's difficult here to find anywhere away from other humans.
Good summation....

Not better but different. Better depends on what you want.

I'm back in Europe this week and although it's nice to see the folks and friends, the novelty wears of pretty quick - ultimately nothing changes. I'm now itching to get back to Oz....
Had my fill of cities. Beaches and outdoors are where it's at for me at the moment. Oz takes some beating in that department.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.