Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

...and it's goodnight from him.

...and it's goodnight from him.

Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ...and it's goodnight from him.

Surely one of the funniest men ever. And he created a humour that appealled to everyone, adult and child alike.
RIP, and thanks so much for the laughs.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Surely one of the funniest men ever. And he created a humour that appealled to everyone, adult and child alike.
RIP, and thanks so much for the laughs.
Just about sums it up for me too. Very sad news
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Was on a job last week, and lit a smoke up, I KNOW !!!!!

anyways, guy said , dya know how many ppl die a year from SMOKIN??

I said nup !!

he proceeded to tell me, whilst i puffed away....

His kid a 17 yr old piped up n said YER AND MILLIONS DIE EACH YEAR WHOVE NEVER SMOKED

!
cor I used to enjoy a smoke
Miss it tons but Grandad died from lung cancer really young (50's) and it made me think that I may never see grandkids. Every day I still want one though...I just drink wine instead
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:18 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
...I just drink wine instead
A few glashes in moderodererashion ish ok vough, I have alwaysh shaid.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:31 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Just heard that Ronnie Barker has died. He was one of the best comic genius' that there was.

You will live through DVD, for generations.

R.I.P

"No, handles for Forks!"
Let's have one last laugh on his behalf...

THE TWO RONNIES: FOUR CANDLES.

In a hardware shop. Ronnie Corbett is behind the counter, wearing a warehouse jacket. He has just finished serving a customer.

CORBETT (muttering): There you are. Mind how you go.
(Ronnie Barker enters the shop, wearing a scruffy tank-top and beanie)

BARKER: Four Candles!

CORBETT: Four Candles?

BARKER: Four Candles.
(Ronnie Corbett makes for a box, and gets out four candles. He places them on the counter)

BARKER: No, four candles!

CORBETT (confused): Well there you are, four candles!

BARKER: No, fork 'andles! 'Andles for forks!
(Ronnie Corbett puts the candles away, and goes to get a fork handle. He places it onto the counter)

CORBETT (muttering): Fork handles. Thought you said 'four candles!' (more clearly) Next?

BARKER: Got any plugs?

CORBETT: Plugs. What kind of plugs?

BARKER: A rubber one, bathroom.
(Ronnie Corbett gets out a box of bath plugs, and places it on the counter)

CORBETT (pulling out two different sized plugs): What size?

BARKER: Thirteen amp!

CORBETT (muttering): It's electric bathroom plugs, we call them, in the trade. Electric bathroom plugs!
(He puts the box away, gets out another box, and places on the counter an electric plug, then puts the box away)

BARKER: Saw tips!

CORBETT: Saw tips? (he doesn't know what he means) What d'you want? Ointment, or something like that?

BARKER: No, saw tips for covering saws.

CORBETT: Oh, haven't got any, haven't got any. (he mutters) Comin' in, but we haven' got any. Next?

BARKER: 'O's!

CORBETT: 'O's?

BARKER: 'O's.
(He goes to get a hoe, and places it on the counter)

BARKER: No, 'O's!

CORBETT: 'O's! I thought you said 'O! (he takes the hose back, and gets a hose, whilst muttering) When you said 'O's, I thought you said 'O! 'O's!
(He places the hose onto the counter)

BARKER: No, 'O's!

CORBETT (confused for a moment): O's? Oh, you mean panty 'o's, panty 'o's! (he picks up a pair of tights from beside him)

BARKER: No, no, 'O's! 'O's for the gate. Mon repose! 'O's! Letter O's!

CORBETT (finally realising): Letter O's! (muttering) You had me going there!
(He climbs up a stepladder, gets a box down, puts the ladder away, and takes the box to the counter, and searches through it for letter O's)

CORBETT: How many d'you want?

BARKER: Two.
(Ronnie Corbett leaves two letter O's on the counter, then takes the box back, gets the ladder out again, puts the box away, climbs down the ladder, and puts the ladder away, then returns to the counter)

CORBETT: Yes, next?

BARKER: Got any P's?

CORBETT (fed up): For Gawd' sake, why didn' you bleedin' tell me that while I was up there then? I'm up and down the shop already, it's up and down the bleedin' shop all the time. (He gets the ladder out, climbs up and gets the box of letters down, then puts the ladder away) Honestly, I've got all this shop, I ain't got any help, it's worth it we plan things. (He puts the box on the counter, and gets out some letter P's) How many d'you want?

BARKER: No! Tins of peas. Three tins of peas!

CORBETT: You're 'avin' me on, ain't ya, yer 'avin' me on?

BARKER: I'm not!
(Ronnie Corbett dumps the box under the counter, and gets three tins of peas)

CORBETT (placing the tins on the counter): Next?

BARKER: Got any pumps?

CORBETT (getting really fed up): 'And pumps, foot pumps? Come on!

BARKER (surprised he has to ask): Foot pumps!

CORBETT (muttering, as he goes down the shop): Foot pumps. See a foot pump? (He sees one, and picks it up) Tidy up in 'ere.
(He puts the pump down on the counter)

BARKER: No, pumps fer ya feet! Brown pump, size nine!

CORBETT (almost at breaking point): You are 'avin' me on, you are definitely 'avin' me on!

BARKER (not taking much notice of Corbett's mood): I'm not!

CORBETT: You are 'avin' me on! (He takes back the pump, and gets a pair of brown foot pumps out of a drawer, and places them on the counter) Next?

BARKER: Washers!

CORBETT (really close to breaking point): What, dishwashers, floor washers, car washers, windscreen washers, back scrubbers, lavatory cleaners? Floor washers?

BARKER: 'Alf inch washers!

CORBETT: Oh, tap washers, tap washers? (He finally breaks, and makes to confiscate his list) Look, I've had just about enough of this, give us that list. (He mutters) I'll get it all myself! (Reading through the list) What's this? What's that? Oh that does it! That just about does it! I have just about had it! (calling through to the back) Mr. Jones! You come out and serve this customer please, I have just about had enough of 'im. (Mr. Jones comes out, and Ronnie Corbett shows him the list) Look what 'e's got on there! Look what 'e's got on there!

JONES (who goes to a drawer with a towel hanging out of it, and opens it): Right! How many would ya like? One or two?
(He removes the towel to reveal the label on the drawer - 'Bill hooks'!)
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Ozceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the rough

I remember that sketch well but it has not got the same appeal in writing, you had to be there.

It was very funny
Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:48 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard , really sad news..... My nan used to let me stay up late with her and watch 'The two Ronnies' He made me laugh sooo much
RIP
Jane x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:08 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Extremely sad to hear this, watched "Going Straight" on UK Gold eating brekie yesterday.

Sad day for British comedy, a genius
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:35 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

My dad was behind him in a queue at a hardware store years ago. He was buying some rolls of wallpaper and paste. My dad tapped im on the shoulder and told him the paste didnt stick very well. So Ronnie turned round quick as a flash and said " Thats alright i'll use some drawing pins just in case"

I'm really sad to hear this news. Very funny bloke.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a sad day indeed for British comedy.

No doubt the film length version of Porridge, The one where they escape during a football match, will be on TV at the weekend.

RIP Norman Stanley Fletcher
Attached Thumbnails ...and it's goodnight from him.-flet04.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, will be sadly missed. Hundreds of funny memories eg I used to think I was working class but then I went to Glasgow. Now I think I'm middle class. (said to Mackay in Porridge). I don't know how to put this gentlemen but one of us is a thief (missing tin of pineapple chunks) etc, etc.

The other genii in Porridge, Likely Lads etc were Clement and La Frenais the script writers. Sadly Richard Beckinsale (Lenny Godber) died well before Fletch.

OzTennis
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Just heard that Ronnie Barker has died. He was one of the best comic genius' that there was.

You will live through DVD, for generations.

R.I.P

"No, handles for Forks!"
A genius and a very sad day
Old Oct 4th 2005, 2:01 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Stevebannister for the script to the, "Four Candles" sketch.

One of the funniest things ever on TV!
I still quote bits from it all the time.

RIP Ronnie..

A true comic genius if ever there was one...
Old Oct 4th 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I HAVE GOOD NEWS !!!!!

They found sadam hussein in a hole, when they got him out all he said was DID I BEAT DAVID BLAINE !!

LOL

Brilliant!! Still chuckling 5 mins later.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Just watching TV about him now on 'good ole' Richard & Judy'
I also grew up watching him - a truly great guy...RIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.