Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its good to be back ...

Its good to be back ...

Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its good to be back ...

Well - what a first 8 weeks it has been. And I must add that it has gone VERY quickly. So much to do and see.

I just got a job in Real estate over here so if anyone wants to buy a house in Buderim then get in touch and I will try to help!

Zoe is going to Uni to train as a teacher. Seems like a good time to do it. Also - I got some work in the clubs in Noosa (DJing) so thats also cool to tie us over at night!

As was said by many before - TV IS RUBBISH. god bless Austar. The weather has been nice although the last few days have been stormy and again now as I look out towards the sky its thunder and lightening (its 5:30pm).

Driving here is easy - much better than the UK as its so quiet on the roads. The theory test is crap (failed it once and have not done it again yet).

Went around the Jeremy Irons house a few weeks back for a BBQ. Had a really nice time and encountered quite a bit of wildlife at the same time! Not sure if Jerry has posted on that though.

So much to say !!!

Mum aint talking again, we invited her to our wedding and she blew up. Just posted her a letter so see what comes of that (will keep you all informed)

Did I mention it was good to be back!

Just sold the unit up in Little Cove today so will be moving to a location further along the coast for work. All of the areas are really nice I think but a few stand out so far as being REALLY worth living in.

Well - thats all I can think of but if anyone has any questions for us do not hesitate to ask - its so good to be here eventually and the hassle is WELL worth it (if only for the donut king cinnamon rings)
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:43 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its good to be back ...

Great to hear from you both. So pleased that that you are enjoying your new life.
Debbie
Ps See you soon Brissie end of the month
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:18 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, glad all is well it's good to hear from you again
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back to you both.

Really pleased that things are working out for you both. Have been looking at houses in Buderim so may be in touch in the future.

footie chick
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back you two. Glad things are working well and you are enjoying it.
Good luck with the mum thing, am going through similar with mine (she's not spoken to me for about 3 months now).

Whens the wedding?

Claire
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

good on yer anthony and Zoe

Your mum aint talking again but dont worry, sounds like you have things going pretty smoothly over there.

good luck to you both

booboo
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:38 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

There's lots of us on here if you want to make up the numbers at the wedding
I'm sure we will raise a glass to help you celebrate your big day
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear from you both and so pleased everything is going well apart from the probs with your mum.
I,m sure they will be resolved in time

Diane
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to hear from folks, once they have got to the other side.
Keep us posted!!!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:36 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Well - what a first 8 weeks it has been. And I must add that it has gone VERY quickly. So much to do and see.

I just got a job in Real estate over here so if anyone wants to buy a house in Buderim then get in touch and I will try to help!

Zoe is going to Uni to train as a teacher. Seems like a good time to do it. Also - I got some work in the clubs in Noosa (DJing) so thats also cool to tie us over at night!

As was said by many before - TV IS RUBBISH. god bless Austar. The weather has been nice although the last few days have been stormy and again now as I look out towards the sky its thunder and lightening (its 5:30pm).

Driving here is easy - much better than the UK as its so quiet on the roads. The theory test is crap (failed it once and have not done it again yet).

Went around the Jeremy Irons house a few weeks back for a BBQ. Had a really nice time and encountered quite a bit of wildlife at the same time! Not sure if Jerry has posted on that though.

So much to say !!!

Mum aint talking again, we invited her to our wedding and she blew up. Just posted her a letter so see what comes of that (will keep you all informed)

Just sold the unit up in Little Cove today so will be moving to a location further along the coast for work. All of the areas are really nice I think but a few stand out so far as being REALLY worth living in.

Well - thats all I can think of but if anyone has any questions for us do not hesitate to ask - its so good to be here eventually and the hassle is WELL worth it (if only for the donut king cinnamon rings)

Nice to hear from you, had just been thinking yesterday that there are a few people that seem to have not posted fro a while.

Glad things are going well for you both. Your Mum will come round eventually. All mum's do I think.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you! Can't wait to get out to Noosa myself

Questions:
Which areas are you thinking of settling in?

As you are in real estate do you know which local schools have good reputations i.e. they mention them on the details to sell?

Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

So much to say !!!

Hi Anth & Zoe
glad to hear that things are good for you, which agent are you working for? how is Zoe enjoying uni?
shame that your mum is being 'funny again' still mate, its her loss
take care, its great to hear from you both
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Oct 10th 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Anthony

Nice to hear that you are ok and have got a job.

debs

So much to say !!!

Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Jeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura about

Hi Anthony and Zoe,

Hey the big spider on the deck was still the size of a bird when we found it Shrivelled up the next day, amaizing what a complete can of spray can do to them....... Hope all is well and hopefully next time we can spend more time on the music session. (I spent 3 hours trying to beatmatch 2 tracks, used them as frisbees in the end)

Regards
Jerry
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:32 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi there,
It's nice to hear from people out in Oz, telling it how it is.

Not too happy to hear that Tv is Crap - It will make the wife happy though.

Keep on letting us all know how you go on.

Bye
Markeh
(Now looking up whare Buderim is!)

Last edited by markeh; Oct 10th 2003 at 8:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.