Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its getting cold

Wikiposts

Its getting cold

Old May 16th 2005, 1:31 pm
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Its getting cold

It is getting a bit nippy. I had to close the doors and windows last night for the first time this year!

Sydney weather can be a bit strange. I remember 2 years ago I was over here on holiday for New Year (middle of Oz summer of course!), and waiting for the fireworks on the Harbour Bridge. I was wearing long trousers and a shirt, but we were still so cold that we had to go and stand under some lights in the car park to try and get warm. Then a week later the temperature got up to 40 C!
Old May 16th 2005, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Winter is definatly moving in down here in Central Victoria....shame we havent had any rain in weeks tho!!

I do love the Autumn here, its bright and clear in the days and really crisp and cool at night....best time of year in my opinion!!

Hels
Old May 16th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

the thing will Melbourne (though I love it) is that it gets really cold. I am sure a lot of people think 18 isn't too bad for (almost) winter and it's not, but we don't have central heating...so the evening and morning can be horrible. Also, the cold weather does drag a bit towards the end...anyway, I won't complain too much because I know it could be a lot worse.

Last edited by Shellfish; May 16th 2005 at 2:25 pm.
Old May 16th 2005, 1:47 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

the forecast for our little town, located west of Cunninghams Gap, is a max of 20'c and a minimum of 4'c. I'm glad we've got 3 fireplaces in this house..1 in the kitchen, an old woodfired stove, which I cook at night for the novelty value!! and a wood fired heater in the sitting room and an lovely old cast iron fireplace in our bedroom...

seems mad when we're in Queensland and it's been pretty cool at night... Hubby has become proficient at chopping up the firewood, as he now has a large axe (a 'kelly' in Qld old slang) and a block splitter.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:25 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

bump!

Old May 17th 2005, 12:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

This year in Mel is a lot different to last year. Since Feb we have had no proper rain, by that i mean a soaking, tank filling rain. The days have all been sunny and blue skyed, this time last year it was grey and dull and very windy.

Our weather seems better than most round the country at the mo but as some have said the mornings are grim with no real heating. The coonara does the job great for the evening and stays in with a slow burn, but the house is cold by morning. Its certainly something i wasn't prepared for
Old May 17th 2005, 8:41 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hevs
This year in Mel is a lot different to last year. Since Feb we have had no proper rain, by that i mean a soaking, tank filling rain. The days have all been sunny and blue skyed, this time last year it was grey and dull and very windy.

Our weather seems better than most round the country at the mo but as some have said the mornings are grim with no real heating. The coonara does the job great for the evening and stays in with a slow burn, but the house is cold by morning. Its certainly something i wasn't prepared for
Sounds like ill have to bring me Gloworm Boiler

Sunday here in Bucks was Fab had me shirt off :scared: whilst to the renovations for the pending house sale

Monday P11sed down most of the day and cold U remember Hevs

Back to the paint brush see ya

nige'