Its Friday 13th

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Its Friday 13th

:scared: :scared:

Time for the supersticious to hibernate.

My granny, who adopted me was Welsh and her whole life was full of superstitions and following the "signs"

surely people dont still believe in all that these days?
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:21 am
Merlot

Default Better Day

The daft thing is this has been my best day in ages as far as mental state, maybe I am a witch . . . then again, don't answer that one!

Where's that black cat gone?

M :scared:

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I'm having a shit day..

My son trapped his finger in the door & it came out triangle shaped:scared: , I forgot various things that I was supposed to do and I've just had the customer from hell screaming at me on the phone.

I want to go to bed and wake up tomorrow.....
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:26 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Its Friday 13th

Originally posted by podgypossum
:scared: :scared:

Time for the supersticious to hibernate.

My granny, who adopted me was Welsh and her whole life was full of superstitions and following the "signs"

surely people dont still believe in all that these days?
I'm in hibernation today ! Well until this evening, when i'm off on the ferry to Coochiemudlo Island . I didn't realise what the date was !!!

I'm only supersticious because things keep happening to me on this date !!

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

LOL..i dont think you are a witch..but i am glad you feeling better

i have to go shopping for baby clothes now. I shall avoid all ladders, not put shoes on a table, not put up an umbrella indoors, and touch my collar if see a black cat....
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:27 am
Merlot

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I'm having a shit day..

My son trapped his finger in the door & it came out triangle shaped:scared: , I forgot various things that I was supposed to do and I've just had the customer from hell screaming at me on the phone.

I want to go to bed and wake up tomorrow.....
Poor you, just think at least it is Friday.

Go and grab that beer from the work fridge!

As for the customer from hell, re-direct him to Dotty or PodgyPossum, they will sort him out for you. :scared:

Have a good weekend when it starts.

Merlot

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:29 am
Merlot

Originally posted by podgypossum
LOL..i dont think you are a witch..but i am glad you feeling better

i have to go shopping for baby clothes now. I shall avoid all ladders, not put shoes on a table, not put up an umbrella indoors, and touch my collar if see a black cat....
Have a SAFE retail therapy trip!

Isn't there something we have to do with salt?

Best wishes
Merlot, Witch Goddess of Gosford

Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Actually the customer is in Darra, Brisbane so I might send Dotty round to sort him out.

Saying that, he has just rang to thank me for sorting out his problem (which was our fault anyway). Made me feel a bit better.

Fridge is beckoning though
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Actually the customer is in Darra, Brisbane so I might send Dotty round to sort him out.
Only stupid people would go around to Darra to "sort someone out" . :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:48 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I'm in hibernation today ! Well until this evening, when i'm off on the ferry to Coochiemudlo Island . I didn't realise what the date was !!!
ABC, what are you off to Coochie for? Thats what I think the Brisbane Expats should do for their next get together, Im sure most of them havent been to Coochie or any of the other islands, it would be nice to take a daytrip over there, better than going to boring Southbank anyway .

I keep looking at houses for sale over there & on Russell etc for sale, Im sorry, I cant help it, Im addicted :scared:
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Only stupid people would go around to Darra to "sort someone out" . :scared: :scared: :scared:

I was going to say something, but i have overcome the tempation
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I always think 13 is lucky, and I do come from a very, very superstitious and religious family on my mum's (Irish) side, who all think the number 13 is actually lucky.. it was my grandfathers lucky number - he swore by it . My fathers (Welsh) side is not superstitious at all.

I don't understand at all why 13 should be unlucky (I know it was because of the last supper - but that's lucky!) It's the same as I don't understand why Christian funerals are in black - it should be white and a celebration because the dead person is going to meet to their maker, to a better place. P. S I'm not a Christian - I'm more of a pagan, .and I do believe in ghosts and such, but as for the number 13 - no.

Oww I jammed my finger in the keyboard (only joking ! but come-on accidents happen all of the time and you don't say oooh it's the 5th today or something, but when it happens on the 13th people say oooh it's Friday the 13th today)

now where can I get a 666 number plate from?

Cheers
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
IIt's the same as I don't understand why Christian funerals are in black - it should be white and a celebration because the dead person is going to meet to their maker, to a better place.
All catholic funerals that I have witnesses (bar one) have been great celebrations. The pub is conveniently located between the cathedral and the graveyard.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
All catholic funerals that I have witnesses (bar one) have been great celebrations. The pub is conveniently located between the cathedral and the graveyard.
That's the wake - I mean why do people dress in black... black funerals?

I like those white ones ( New orleans etc) with Jazz music and all - very happy looking. They look great fun... sending off the dead. (not that I want to die to take part in one )
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
ABC, what are you off to Coochie for? Thats what I think the Brisbane Expats should do for their next get together, Im sure most of them havent been to Coochie or any of the other islands, it would be nice to take a daytrip over there, better than going to boring Southbank anyway .

I keep looking at houses for sale over there & on Russell etc for sale, Im sorry, I cant help it, Im addicted :scared:
We are going for a meal over there this evening, at the Restaurant in the holiday villa complex. It's my sisters birthday tomorrow, so we are celebrating today, so she can have the 14th for other reasons

It probably would be a good idea to go over there for the Expats do. It would be worth looking for a good spot there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.