Its 'football'

Old May 16th 2009, 12:44 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its 'football'

not 'soccer'

grrrrrrrrrr

drives me nuts
Old May 16th 2009, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default Re: Its 'football'

I did read somewere that the term "soccer" was actually invented by the Brits to distinguish between Rugby Football and Football Football
Old May 16th 2009, 12:55 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
I did read somewere that the term "soccer" was actually invented by the Brits to distinguish between Rugby Football and Football Football
lies i tell yer ....damn lies
Old May 16th 2009, 12:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not here it's not. You need to get out more
Old May 16th 2009, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

roottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yes I know but I feel exactly the same, Every time I here the word soccer it makes me feel angry I cant help it all the guys at my work keep blabbing on about footy and its not football they play it with there hands and the keep downing what we call football but its worldwide theres isnt.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's whatever you want to call it.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

...and Manchester United Soccer Club will win the Soccer League today!!

It just isn't right is it?
Old May 16th 2009, 1:53 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Ive got a steering wheel in my boxies,that drives me nuts.
Old May 16th 2009, 2:06 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
its football the world over...except here and the US...what does that tell ya !?!?!
Old May 16th 2009, 2:08 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

It's football here as in http://www.footballfedvic.com.au
Old May 16th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

when they say football just say, oh you mean rugby right, it seems to annoy them no end, very funny

theres a few others to. Router = rawrter to them, to me Router = rooter
same with data = Darter, to me its data = dater

I am to old to learn their weirdo ways of saying things so I will keep saying it my way !

If they question it I just say I am english we invented the language so I know how its used
Old May 16th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave99
when they say football just say, oh you mean rugby right, it seems to annoy them no end, very funny

I am to old to learn their weirdo ways of saying things so I will keep saying it my way !

If they question it I just say I am english we invented the language so I know how its used
LMAO at rooter.

I say it the other way, and data too.

I also say "yo gurt" and not "yog it" - that drives me nuts when my mr says it.

And I am with the soccer faction *looks round for anybody else*....football just sounds poofy.
Old May 16th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Ma roan makes me laugh Maroon!! you plebs.. O sorry I forgot that bright thing in the sky at night was a moan!!
Old May 16th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dave99

Be careful with using rooter in the wrong sentence!! 8-D

The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as a slang abbreviation of the word "association", often credited to former England captain Charles Wreford-Brown.[46]

Today the sport is generally known simply as football in countries where it is the most popular football code. In countries where other codes are more popular, the sport is more commonly referred to as soccer, and indeed is referred to as such in the official names of the governing bodies in the United States and Canada. FIFA, the sport's world governing body, defines the sport as association football in its statutes,[47] but the term most commonly used by FIFA and the International Olympic Committee is football.
Old May 16th 2009, 6:11 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roottoot1981
Yes I know but I feel exactly the same, Every time I here the word soccer it makes me feel angry I cant help it all the guys at my work keep blabbing on about footy and its not football they play it with there hands and the keep downing what we call football but its worldwide theres isnt.

The only way a goal is scored in AFL is by foot and in soccer it can be off any part of the body except the hand. Goal keepers stop it with their hands, ball is thrown back in with hands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.