Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its cold in Brisbane

Its cold in Brisbane

Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Its cold in Brisbane

They said on the radio on the way home that today was the coldest day in Brisbanr for 75 years. Only reached 11 degrees but the wind was cutting through you like a knife. Felt like a winters day in sunny manchester
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:52 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Re: Its cold in Brisbane

i agreed my big coat came out today and boots from next. think it is warmer in Manchester than here at moment

lisa
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Mary! I thought it was cold down here where it was the coldest for 10 years - about 18 degrees I think.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:06 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raven
They said on the radio on the way home that today was the coldest day in Brisbanr for 75 years. Only reached 11 degrees but the wind was cutting through you like a knife. Felt like a winters day in sunny manchester
Think it was colder the other Friday about 3 weeks ago.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:41 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Cold ? Its f***ing freezing.

I was in the dog park this arvo and had a vest, 2 t-shirts, a fleece and a rain jacket on, hat, tracky daks and....yup...in true Queensland style - Ug Boots. And I was still cold.

The worst thing about all of this is that I certainly wasnt the worst dressed person about. Even a couple of joggers had woolly hats, mits and scarves on.

Having said that - its so bloody infrequently that I actually have to wear anything warm that I cant even find my woolly hat or any gloves.

Roll on Spring....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Cold ? Its f***ing freezing.

I was in the dog park this arvo and had a vest, 2 t-shirts, a fleece and a rain jacket on, hat, tracky daks and....yup...in true Queensland style - Ug Boots. And I was still cold.

The worst thing about all of this is that I certainly wasnt the worst dressed person about. Even a couple of joggers had woolly hats, mits and scarves on.

Having said that - its so bloody infrequently that I actually have to wear anything warm that I cant even find my woolly hat or any gloves.

Roll on Spring....
Its been cold here today and I went out in the ol uggs.....in woolies there was a woman who looked fit for a skiing trip - woolie hat, layerered to high heaven and gloves - its cold but not that bad - obviously was to her though. Funny tho' compare to blighty winters, I know it feels really cold but we're all becoming total lightweights
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:54 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

i know all the Aussies today at work kept on saying i shouldn't feel the cold as am a pom but i bloody did and they couldn't quite understand way i told them in England we don't let ourself get cold we have fires and radiators then we wrap up really warm then when we get to the shops we have to unwrap all our layers because we get to warm

lisa
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frogboy
i know all the Aussies today at work kept on saying i shouldn't feel the cold as am a pom but i bloody did and they couldn't quite understand way i told them in England we don't let ourself get cold we have fires and radiators then we wrap up really warm then when we get to the shops we have to unwrap all our layers because we get to warm

lisa
funny isnt it how somewhere that does actually get nippy doesnt seem equipped for it all .......
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
funny isnt it how somewhere that does actually get nippy doesnt seem equipped for it all .......
Bloody cold here in WA. Its ok when you are in the sun, but THAT wind is just freezing!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Bloody cold here in WA. Its ok when you are in the sun, but THAT wind is just freezing!!!!!!!!!!!
Am on t'other side so noooooo idea how cold the wind is there, well I do actually now........ FREEZING!
Stay indoors
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

yep, sat watching telly in jumpers,socks and wrapped in a blanket in our house that is designed for the hot weather.
would have had our heating on in the uk.
cant seem to shake the `moaning about the weather thing`!!
Am on t'other side so noooooo idea how cold the wind is there, well I do actually now........ FREEZING!
Stay indoors
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by keithandsam
yep, sat watching telly in jumpers,socks and wrapped in a blanket in our house that is designed for the hot weather.
would have had our heating on in the uk.
cant seem to shake the `moaning about the weather thing`!!
I'm toasty as now with fire going, boots on, in a vest - mind you, got some emergency wood from the local garage, cheeky buckers - its all offcuts!
Have some cocoa
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, how much was a bag of wood from the service station ? We have hundreds of trees, but thought I might work out what we would have won - I mean spent
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

sounds cosy.i dont think the owners of our house would appreciate us starting a fire though!
I'm toasty as now with fire going, boots on, in a vest - mind you, got some emergency wood from the local garage, cheeky buckers - its all offcuts!
Have some cocoa
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Out of interest, how much was a bag of wood from the service station ? We have hundreds of trees, but thought I might work out what we would have won - I mean spent
They're cheeky buggers - its $10 bag whihc you could burn in a day, easily.
wish I had a chainsaw!!!!!!! Be OK if it was logs but its all these piddly offcuts that burn so quickly. Someones laughing though as they seem to do a roaring trade!
Get cutting woman!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.