Its a big move:

Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Paul B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its a big move:

Hi, my name is Paul married 16 years on Jan 30 three kids 13,12 and 10. We are hopefully moving to Perth in October this year all going well,just waiting for the knod to have medical and police check. As i said Its a big move to up sticks and move to the other side of the world but its something that we have been talking about for over a year.
Telling the inlaws was another thing, they thought we were selfish for taking their grandkids away to the other side of the world But hay its not about them its about giving my kids a chance to see more of the world than i have seen.
My family are very close and my brothers are my best mates it will be very hard to leave and be so far away, But in time they will come over to live
I am a Tree Surgeon and hope to find some work in or around Perth so if theres anyone who can help drop us a thread;
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi paul
Hope everything goes well for you and your family . I wonder if Calm would be the people to contact , the land management side , mu cousin works with the big trees in manjimup , but i dont know alot about it all im afraid . Where do you plan on living when you get to perth ?
Joanne
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Big move

Originally posted by jopaulss
Hi paul
Hope everything goes well for you and your family . I wonder if Calm would be the people to contact , the land management side , mu cousin works with the big trees in manjimup , but i dont know alot about it all im afraid . Where do you plan on living when you get to perth ?
Joanne
Not too sure yet , i have been looking on the net but i have read north perth not to good but i cant say because never been to oz going to be first time. how long you been there?
where don you think is good place?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jopaulss
Hi paul
Joanne
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

gypsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul B.
Hi new member here.
I am originally from perth and its a place i could take or leave.
though i would definitely reccomend that you go north of the river
(north of perth).perth has a higher crime rate than the rest of australia,but then theres crime in every country isnt there.
just my personal opinion but i would definitely advise north perth.
Queensland is far better though.its beautiful and the people are real friendly.they will help you with anything.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 1:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by gypsey
Queensland is far better though.its beautiful and the people are real friendly.they will help you with anything.
Too True, especially if you volunteer to come and cut some trees down for us (just joking about the trees, I think I can handle whats left)

Old Jan 18th 2004, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

where abouts are you?
we were in townsville but came back recently cos i was worried about crime and my 3 girls.
but since being back have realised that crime aint much better here.
so we are in talks about returning.
its been bloody expensive.
where would you reccomend in north queensland?although townsville is looking to be the destination again i am open to suggestions.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 1:56 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a tree surgeon, the south west will be the place to be I think. (north of Perth there isn't many forests in comparison)
Like someone mentioned, Manjimup.
I lived in Bridgetown for a few years as a child (350 km's south of Perth and 30 km's north of Manjimup.)
The whole area is just one big forest.

My parents knew a tree surgeon down there. He lived in Bridgetown, I think he was self employed, he was originally Dutch and his name was Wassili Bijl, but to make it easier he called himself Vic.

If you're looking for trees I'd think the best place in Perth would be the eastern suburbs (in the hills and beyond) or as I said, the southwest, but then you'll be quite a way out of Perth. So it depends on what you want? Do you want to stay near the big smoke?

Old Jan 18th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

:scared: no way,i hate perth.
id never live anywhere other noeth queensland.
perth is just one big suburb,if you want the real australia,friendly people and the land,then you have to go to north queensland
Old Jan 18th 2004, 2:59 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gypsey
:scared: no way,i hate perth.
id never live anywhere other noeth queensland.
perth is just one big suburb,if you want the real australia,friendly people and the land,then you have to go to north queensland
Hi, I was replying to Paul!

And there's more to WA than Perth
Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

there is north,i agree,but id forget it anywhere else.
thats only my opinion.
everyone wants different things and thats fine.
many people settle in wa and love it.its just not for me.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 6:06 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

The West Australian

http://business.thewest.com.au/gen_e...yment-features

TREE SURGEON/CLIMBER Must be competent, self motivated to work within/or lead busy foothills tree services Co. Tickets adv. Exc rates. · Immed start. _9454 8640.
_

Published 07-Feb-2004

Old Feb 7th 2004, 7:41 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82
And there's more to WA than Perth
is there?

Old Feb 7th 2004, 7:44 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by WBB
is there?

Old Feb 7th 2004, 7:45 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82
i am just going on what i have read here.

what else is there in WA? seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.