Reload this Page >

Italian community?

Italian community?

Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

newface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian community?

Hi,
Recently arrived from the UK to all this wonderful rain (just like home!). Living in North Brisbane and just wandered if there were any Italians out there?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Italian community?

there is plenty of italians in Brisbane i was living on the gold coast
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:44 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

There's a fair sized Italian community around Newmarket.

Get yourself along to a Brisbane City football match, nice ground and good atmosphere.

Take a look at the club badge...

http://www.brisbanecityfootball.com.au/history.asp
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:46 am
Just Joined

thanks for the replies.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Elisabettaroma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newface
Hi,
Recently arrived from the UK to all this wonderful rain (just like home!). Living in North Brisbane and just wandered if there were any Italians out there?
Hi I am Italian living in Brisbane happy to help if you like
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks Elisabettaroma,, do you know where to get Italian groceries. have you been here long?
I tried to pm you, but I cant till I have got at least 3 posts.
Newface
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks Elisabettaroma,, do you know where to get Italian groceries. have you been here long?
I tried to pm you, but I cant till I have got at least 3 posts.
Newface
Hi
I have been here for a month and I am loving it
I know there is an Italian shop in NewmFarm but I haven't been
I will look into it and let you know
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough

I wish I was back there
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joe38
I wish I was back there
I agree I am so happy I love the sun and pele is friendly
Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
... do you know where to get Italian groceries...
Pennisi Distributors 17 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

"This huge deli wholesaler again is family run business with Catarina at the helm. Pennisi has a fabulous range of local and imported cheeses @ good prices. This is the Italian convenience deli of Brisbane! It has the ingredients to make the best mouth-watering antipasto. Fill a basket, grab a bottle of wine and you are set for the day or a week if you choose."

Delicatezza Gourmet Fine Food and Delicacies, 4/43 Blackwood St Mitchelton

"Top-grade Italian deli meats, sopressa, proscuitto, etc. Lots of cheese, cut from the wheel in front of you. Lots of shelf products, Sol breads, coffee and paninis for lunch."

Samios, Annerley Rd, not far from the Mater

"Excellent store. Incredible range of dried and glace fruits, especially at Christmas. Parking can be a bastard, so go at a non-peak time to be sure of getting a spot in their tiny little yard. Big range of Greek, Lebanese, Middle-Eastern and Italian stuff, especially dried and bottled goods. Lots of gift-boxed sweets and chocolates. Cheese, meats, olives. Recently refurbished. Sometimes they have great organic spelt bread rolls on the counter. Check out the gorgeous little milk warmers hanging from the ceiling. Very happy and friendly staff (this is a long-standing family-owned company, so they need to be supported!)"

Feast on Fruit, cnr Junction and Wynnum Rds Morningside - in the shopping centre

"Fruit store with deli out the back. Excellent quality and range of produce, section for organic fruit and vegetables, some beautiful interesting products (Dutch Cream potatoes, fresh figs, starfruit etc). Sometimes loaves of cheap and good ciabatta and Italian baguette, excellent selection of fresh herbs (the cheapest herbs in town) and dairy, Italian drinks, some nuts, great Italian pasta range. They carry the Lick range of gelato and icecream as well as The Spirit House gourmet items from the restaurant up at Yandina. Deli is very well-stocked: great Italian smallgoods, range of olives and antipasto, cheese section is very international (English Stilton, French Roquefort, Dutch Gouda etc) and cheeses often reduced or on special. Limited range of dry goods but very good selection: gourmet tea and coffee, vialone arborio, Lindt chocolate slabs for cooking with, sauces, imported mayonnaises etc. Fridge contains very nice items: Persian feta, local pates and dips, some cold meats, French Lescure butter, pestos, sauces, goat cheese etc. Cheap and good quality bread"

Tognini's, Baroona Rd, Milton

"Deli. Massive cheese section, all cut to your specifications and no pre-packed cheese. Great variety: lots of local cheese and many imports. Coffee and the usual available at adjoining cafe. Now stocks Spanish jamon del serrano and Italian proscuitto San Daniele."

http://thepoisondoughnut.blogspot.co...rmet-food.html

Last edited by fish.01; Feb 16th 2012 at 6:40 am.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 11:18 am
Just Joined

thank you, really helpful.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:23 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Australian

"Most of the Italian-born are now concentrated in Melbourne (73,799), Sydney (44,562), Adelaide (20,877) and Perth (18,815).[16] Unlike other groups, the number of Italians residing in Brisbane is relatively few, with the exception of a notable distribution of Italians in Northern Queensland, as Hempel has described in her research on post-war settlement of Italian immigrants in this state. This circumstance is a consequence of the migration patterns followed by Italians in the earlier stage of their settlement in Queensland, during the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s, when the sugarcane industry and its related possibility of quick earnings attracted more 'temporary' migrants in the countryside."

I was up in El Arish in late 2011.... this is a very small community in a very wet part of the world... approx 5% of residents were born in Italy !
Old Feb 29th 2012, 5:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interesting website I hepled create:

"The Vite Italiane "Italian Lives" project explored the history of Italian migrants in Western Australia. The project was conducted by researchers from the University of Western Australia and funded by the Australian Research Council with support from a range of government, community and private organisations."

http://www.italianlives.arts.uwa.edu.au/
Old Feb 29th 2012, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Australian

"Most of the Italian-born are now concentrated in Melbourne (73,799), Sydney (44,562), Adelaide (20,877) and Perth (18,815).[16] Unlike other groups, the number of Italians residing in Brisbane is relatively few, with the exception of a notable distribution of Italians in Northern Queensland, as Hempel has described in her research on post-war settlement of Italian immigrants in this state. This circumstance is a consequence of the migration patterns followed by Italians in the earlier stage of their settlement in Queensland, during the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s, when the sugarcane industry and its related possibility of quick earnings attracted more 'temporary' migrants in the countryside."

I was up in El Arish in late 2011.... this is a very small community in a very wet part of the world... approx 5% of residents were born in Italy !
That 73,000 would have to be a serious under estimation. Unless they all live in Melbournes Northern Suburbs. Maybe thats just the Italian born without counting their offspring.

40 pct of our night shift staff speak fluent Italian. I reckon I've learnt more Italian here than the French I studied at school for 2 years.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

I love La Bella Italia - going there in late August for a holiday and I can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.