Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It'a all ended in tears.. i'm going nowhere!

It'a all ended in tears.. i'm going nowhere!

Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It'a all ended in tears.. i'm going nowhere!

Originally Posted by greenlaker
We also stayed at the gorgeous Pinnaroo Motel 5 days! Was where the employer put us up! They obviously wanted to impress us As for Pinneroo the town, mmmmmm errrmmmm what was it my Dad told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all......
Five days! Eeek..

We were driving through on our way to the Barossa from Sydney. We were going to stay at Ouyen but it was so small and quiet, we though we'd press on to the next town. Next town was one motel, two pub Pinnaroo so not exactly an improvement but it was too late to go further.

The motel lady was odd, loads of notices all over the place and vending machines everywhere. (Not typical of your average Aussie motel). I think their clientele are mainly train drivers who turn up at odd times of the night. Our room had block-out shutters on the windows so they can sleep during the day. Places to eat were thin on the ground, too.

Some small country towns are interesting and have some charm. Pinnaroo wasn't one of them, unfortunately. Can't say I blame you in the slighest for not being very enthusiastic..