Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ISP providers in perth

ISP providers in perth

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough
Default ISP providers in perth

can anyone tell me who is the best ISP provider to go with in perth there seems to be alot of information about downloads, as i was a telewest broadband user in the uk it was just your download speed and that was it unlimited downloads any info would be much appreciated did a search on the forum and could not find any info help!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Kheldar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ISP providers in perth

Originally Posted by predator
can anyone tell me who is the best ISP provider to go with in perth there seems to be alot of information about downloads, as i was a telewest broadband user in the uk it was just your download speed and that was it unlimited downloads any info would be much appreciated did a search on the forum and could not find any info help!!!!!
interesting as we both do a lot of online gaming / surfing etc.

how is broadband in Oz ? Perth is where we are looking to move to as well.

i to am a blueyonder customer in the uk with a 2mb unlimited download connection which is being upped to a max 10mb ! over the next 4 months.

i've been assuming no where else can be as backward as the uk appears to be for the take off of broadband and wifi?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kheldar

i to am a blueyonder customer in the uk with a 2mb unlimited download connection which is being upped to a max 10mb ! over the next 4 months.

i've been assuming no where else can be as backward as the uk appears to be for the take off of broadband and wifi?
i am already living in perth
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by predator
i am already living in perth
so how is broadband over there compared to UK ?

speeds ? availability ? costs ?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

As always for questions like this, Whirlpool is your friend
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:03 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Hi this is Emzee's husband i afraid you are out of luck and you will soon learn how good the internet is in the UK,We are in rockingham WA about 45 mins from Perth at the moment i play online Bf2 and Cod and cant wait to get back to the UK for the internet,they only seem to do 1.5MB adsl here you would very lucky to get cable internet here,it has a habit when playing on line of crashing or you seem to get alot of lag,I have a alianware area 51 PC a very good one top of the range and i still get lag and a high ping,at least back in the UK i can get 3MB for what i am paying here for 1.5MB plus you only get 10GB download a month and if you go over that your speed drops to 56k.So no the internet is shit here compared to the UK.P.S I'm with Big pond not sure what the rest are like but not much different i bet.Hope that helps

Last edited by Emzee; Oct 2nd 2005 at 12:55 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emzee
Hi this is Emzee's husband i afraid you are out of luck and you will soon learn how good the internet is in the UK,We are in rockingham WA about 45 mins from Perth at the moment i play online Bf2 and Cod and cant wait to get back to the UK for the internet,they only seem to do 1.5MB adsl here you would very lucky to get cable internet here,it has a habit when playing on line of crashing or you seem to get alot of lag,I have a alianware area 51 PC a very good one top of the range and i still get lag and a high ping,at least back in the UK i can get 3MB for what i am paying here for 1.5MB plus you only get 10GB download a month and if you go over that your speed drops to 56k.So no the internet is shit here compared to the UK.P.S I'm with Big pond not sure what the rest are like but not much different i bet.Hope that helps
oh !

not wot i expected or hoped !
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:38 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Our work head office is at Perth INTERNATIONAL Airport and apparently the whole airport is still on dialup!!

http://www.jahozafat.com/cgi-bin/tvw...s=inetcptr.wav
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

the no1 is westnet
they are not necessary the cheapest but they have the best aftersales service & the least interruptions

www.westnet.com.au
hth

pootle26
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:57 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

When our contract expires (currently with DODO) we are going with iinet (www.iinet.com.au) they have download speeds of upto 12000 pretty fast I am sure you will agree. The one thing to watch for over here is that you get a decent amount of download per month, as you get clobbered if you go over your limit, try the unlimited download packages (if you can afford them, b/b seems more expensive here than in the UK)
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody else have a f***ing clue what these people are talking about ?

Three Legs
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Does anybody else have a f***ing clue what these people are talking about ?

Three Legs
i guess i've found my first 'troll' on BE forums.

i'll be sure to try out the broadband stuff whilst we over in Perth next Feb /March and see how good it aint.

i've waited years for good old england to get any sort of decent speeds - cant believe somewhere else is behind us
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:55 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

i guess i've found my first 'troll' on BE forums.

i've waited years for good old england to get any sort of decent speeds - cant believe somewhere else is behind us
How is a speed of 12000 behind the UK, when most people in the UK have 256, 512 or 1000 if they are very lucky. 12000 download speed downloads 400 and 500 meg files in a matter of minutes rather than hours.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:59 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers

How is a speed of 12000 behind the UK, when most people in the UK have 256, 512 or 1000 if they are very lucky. 12000 download speed downloads 400 and 500 meg files in a matter of minutes rather than hours.
You cant get that kind of speed everywhere.And i have just sorted out my internet for the uk that is 4mb but you can get 8mb in the uk now.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:50 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Download speeds are becoming more and more irrelevant beyond the now-standard 2Mb down-stream. I mean, it has a miniscule bearing on your ping in games and it will have no bearing on the speed with which you can download P2P files such as torrents (which rely heavily on your up-stream speed), so what exactly is the point of having 8Mb or 24Mb (as Bulldog offer now)? The only thing that counts is having a lot of quota - preferably unlimited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.