Reload this Page >

irwin dangles baby near croc.

irwin dangles baby near croc.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:29 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the problem

Originally posted by gavo
yeah they usually are there for shows for about two weeks straight over the xmas school holidays, and some public holidays...

Give 'em a call and I'm sure they'll tell you when you can see him - +61 7 5436 2000

No need to book... just rock up on the day... Just make sure you get to the stadium seating in the middle about half way up at least 45 mins before the show is due to start.
forgot to mention though, he'll probably keep his head pretty low for a while though so maybe not this Australia Day holiday (unless he gets Aussie of the year... then I'm sure he'll be out!)

he is a media tart after all!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:36 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve's fans from Alabama not happy...even their trailer trash dolls and pigs want to kick his ass.
Attached Thumbnails irwin dangles baby near croc.-trashvscrockhunter2int.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:52 pm
ABCDiamond

As a person who lives fairly close to the zoo, has been there many times, and has met both Steve and Terri after doing their shows, I can say that they are both great people and ambassadors for Australia.

For those who don't know, Steve grew up on the croc farm with his father. He is able to judge when there is a risk of getting bitten much better than the normal person. That's why he's still walking today.

Whenever Steve is in the croc pens, there is always people on standby ready to jump in in case something goes wrong.

Whilst I do acknowledge that there is still a chance that Steve could have slipped over, the croc would go over the baby to get to the hunk of meat on offer. Why? They could smell the fresh meat better than the "white meat".

I was more concerned about him not supporting the baby's head properly.

It has been reported in our local paper that Steve has spoken with the Department of Families and agreed not to do it again, even though he still does not see the problem with what he has done.

It is more probable than not that baby Bob will follow the footsteps of his father. If so, then he needs to start learning about their lifestyle as early as possible.

If he'd have taken him to feed the crocs with no-one around, no-one would have said anything. This is what he probably should have done. But who can blame a father for being proud of his new son and wanting to show him off?
Gavo
I agree, especially the bit I put into red.
Without this single episode, I am sure that many would continue to support him for Ozzie of the year. But I do feel that he is not handling the aftermath as well as he could. He is publicly angry with everyone, and with many people relating it to the similarity to the Michael Jackson affair, it doesnt help him. I think a different response would have been better for him.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:04 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Gavo
I agree, especially the bit I put into red.
Without this single episode, I am sure that many would continue to support him for Ozzie of the year. But I do feel that he is not handling the aftermath as well as he could. He is publicly angry with everyone, and with many people relating it to the similarity to the Michael Jackson affair, it doesnt help him. I think a different response would have been better for him.
ABC,
You're right... He is taking the public reaction quite badly...
I guess he just thought people would have assumed he knew what he was doing, which I think most people do... It's just the bloody media that has stirred him up...

Did you see the Sunday Mail? : Croc Hunter: I'll quit
A SOBBING Steve Irwin said he was considering withdrawing from public life after allegations that he was a bad father for involving his baby son in a crocodile show at his Queensland wildlife park.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:42 pm
ABCDiamond

ABC,
You're right... He is taking the public reaction quite badly...
I guess he just thought people would have assumed he knew what he was doing, which I think most people do... It's just the bloody media that has stirred him up...

Did you see the Sunday Mail? : Croc Hunter: I'll quit
A SOBBING Steve Irwin said he was considering withdrawing from public life after allegations that he was a bad father for involving his baby son in a crocodile show at his Queensland wildlife park.
Yes, I did see that, but it makes me think he needs a PR person to handle his comments. Saying things like that makes the public reaction even worse.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I find the bloke a bit of a buffoon and I think wildlife is there to be left alone.

The media reaction has been a bit judgemental especially when you start seeing alternative angles of the incident. He was nowhere near the croc and there were a lot of staff there.

I also saw the incident when one of his snakes bit a famous studio audience member. Steve Irwin is being investigated for that incident and another where he brought a poisonous snake into a tv studio.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

The truth is that his sponsors are backing away from him at an impressive rate of nots. His withdrawal from public life is not his decision to make.

What a tosser
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of
Default Publicity

One--he should have fed the kid to the croc.

Two-This would really draw the crowds in and make more for the zoo

Three--As a PC gesture to the crocs --all crocodile skin products shoes/handbags/belts are to be banned thru out Australia

Four --the entire state of NSW to be flooded and used as croc breeding farm

Five-each and every family visiting the zoo should be given their own gift wrapped highly venomous snake as a keepsake

Six-Steve Irwin is not the only nutter(am I?)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Yes, I did see that, but it makes me think he needs a PR person to handle his comments. Saying things like that makes the public reaction even worse.

The story has only just got over to north America.
he was really going on and on about it... what a twit....
he said I quote... "This is what my Dad did to me and I'm find) he was very agitated and mad.......:scared:
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:16 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve Irwin must be a bit of a moron not to realise that the only way out in USA is to do the mea culpa - lots of apologising for his moment of madness, how he realises what a terrible thing he did, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes, the promise to be goodwill ambassador for UNICEF and donate a month's salary to Save The Children, the plea for his public's forgiveness and promise to be more a better dad in future etc etc.

Instead of which I see him popping up on CNN this morning justifying his actions.

Prat twice over.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Joanie Babes is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that gets me about taking a snake into a tv studio is quite simply- lots of people do it and similar activities, and with much stronger beasts than a king brown- i.e. putting your head into a lions mouth or having tigers prance on stage infront of a live audience.
I agree the stunt at the ARIA's was stupid where the chanel 10 guy got bit, but as far as I know a carpet python's bite is not venimous as it is a constrictor.

As per ususal the media will hunt him down for not conforming to the pre-defined way of life, but I would want to know about crocs if I lived near them too- thankfully they don't frequent the Brisbane river.

Still, all up I am not sure what a 4 week old can learn except crying gets you attention...

Originally posted by bondipom
I find the bloke a bit of a buffoon and I think wildlife is there to be left alone.

The media reaction has been a bit judgemental especially when you start seeing alternative angles of the incident. He was nowhere near the croc and there were a lot of staff there.

I also saw the incident when one of his snakes bit a famous studio audience member. Steve Irwin is being investigated for that incident and another where he brought a poisonous snake into a tv studio.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:38 am
WBB

i'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him now.

i think he would of learnt his lesson, lets forget him and move on.