Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

irwin dangles baby near croc.

irwin dangles baby near croc.

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Call me sceptical, but its publicity, got him in the papers, TV all over the world, how many freakies are now going to go hoping to see the baby dangling show?

As for peoples kids hoping to see the Irwins there, they may well be disappointed. Years ago he seemed to be there all the time, can remember him feeding the giant tortoise thing with Baby Bindi on the grass, nobody even asked for autographs or anything they just seemed very down to earth. Now its all a bit of a media circus, selling tickets to the kids birthdays etc Very rare now you'd get to see the Irwins so dont raise the kids hopes.

Good Zoo tho, half way between Brisvegs and Sunny Coast.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 2:18 am
WBB

Originally posted by dotty
Call me sceptical, but its publicity, got him in the papers, TV all over the world, how many freakies are now going to go hoping to see the baby dangling show?

As for peoples kids hoping to see the Irwins there, they may well be disappointed. Years ago he seemed to be there all the time, can remember him feeding the giant tortoise thing with Baby Bindi on the grass, nobody even asked for autographs or anything they just seemed very down to earth. Now its all a bit of a media circus, selling tickets to the kids birthdays etc Very rare now you'd get to see the Irwins so dont raise the kids hopes.

Good Zoo tho, half way between Brisvegs and Sunny Coast.

sounds possible, he does seem to market himself pretty well (over here) and must have considered the possible backlash.

pretty sad though, huh?

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 3:15 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well, I guess there's a half hour for Discovery or Animal Planet in there somewhere...
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 5:26 am
Ev'n'John

Australia Zoo is a great place to visit - at Beerwah, just north of Brisbane. When we visited, one of the keepers told us that Steve Irwin only does the Bank Holiday shows these days. Our 3 year old son was gutted - he couldn't understand why there was a woman doing Steve Irwin's job!

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by scrawni
Yes, he is a bit of a prat and he does need a good ticking off. The thing is he does this job every day of the week and he seems to have lost his sense of danger somewhat! I don't think he will do it again though.

By the way, imagin the ear bashing he must have got from the missus. I would have bloody killed my husband and hung him out to dry.

Mandy

Funny how the whole world was in an uproar when Micheal Jackson did the same thing....:scared: ....this guy needs a bloody good kick in the arse, but he brings in to much money and people seem to like him so it will be smoothed over.......
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:11 am
ABCDiamond

I've just seen Steve Irwin on the news, and he seems to be a bit hurt by peoples reactions. He says he was in total control of the situation.

His comments in the papers include:
"People say, 'well what if you had fallen?' But for that to take place a meteorite would have had to come out of the sky and hit Australia at 6.6 on the Richter scale like in Iran."

Wow !!

Yet he also says:
Mr Irwin said he lost his mother in a car accident and was well aware of how easily accidents can happen.
"Every time I put my children in my car I am scared because my wife and I have no control over the traffic," he said.

Therefore those crocodiles must be always totally under his control, and his show must be a complete act with no danger ?

He has lost a bit of respect somewhere along the line.

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Most Aussies think he's madder than a box of frogs and are horrified when we suggest that he might represent the archetypal Australian!:scared:

We've been to the zoo very recently and were very impressed with the whole set up, however the shops are full of hundreds of expensive, bizarre and naff items "decorated" with images of an eye popping Stevo!
The latest structure is the "Crocosium" which will seat thousands of people so no doubt he'll continue with daft stunts.

We didn't see any of the Irwins but thought the Zoo was very well organised and run, well worth a visit.

We'll be going again no doubt when family and friends come over.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 9:44 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The main reason the public to visit his "museum" is the chance his crocs might, one day, chew off his leg.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 9:54 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Megalania
The main reason the public to visit his "museum" is the chance his crocs might, one day, chew off his leg.
LOL

Oh sweet joy...that would be a sight to behold.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 10:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, never been there, if I thought that might happen it would be worth it. Wheres my ticket, I wanna be first in line
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 11:24 am
WBB

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
Australia Zoo is a great place to visit - at Beerwah, just north of Brisbane. When we visited, one of the keepers told us that Steve Irwin only does the Bank Holiday shows these days. Our 3 year old son was gutted - he couldn't understand why there was a woman doing Steve Irwin's job!
does anyone know if there is a schedule or something where you can look up when steve and terri will be there?

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 11:57 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by chippy
LOL

Oh sweet joy...that would be a sight to behold.
Why not just have MrsDagboy whip off your leg with your circular saw while you watch. I'm sure McBBC would pay well, might throw in a free trip to Kansas too.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 12:21 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Why not just have MrsDagboy whip off your leg with your circular saw while you watch. I'm sure McBBC would pay well, might throw in a free trip to Kansas too.

How exquisite Megalunatic! This could be second only to me pruning yours with my chainsaw whilst laughing all the way to Texas
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 12:34 pm
Banned

Originally posted by chippy
How exquisite Megalunatic! This could be second only to me pruning yours with my chainsaw whilst laughing all the way to Texas
Thank you for your openness. We can not be too careful whom or what we let in these days, can we. I'll pop in the mail a formal notice on the status of your application one day.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 12:39 pm
WBB

Thank you for your openness. We can not be too careful whom or what we let in these days, can we. I'll pop in the mail a formal notice on the status of your application one day.

lol

:scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.