Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

irwin dangles baby near croc.

irwin dangles baby near croc.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:58 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

He is a wild and very stupid man. A life is a very precious thing and shouldn't be played with.

Sarah
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Horray my 2nd post - am on a roll now.

What an absolute tw*t, babies should not be used for the crowd entertainment. I have a 6 month old and if my husband did that with him I would have no qualms in chopping his gon*ds off. Mind you, they would both have been eaten by the croc, knowing my hubs quick reactions
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:13 pm
WBB

just seen the footage on the news!!!

:scared:

you have to see it to believe it.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:14 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I wasn't so worried about the croc but by the way he was holding it - four weeks old and he wasn't supporting the head and then dangled it by the arms by holding onto the wrists - I don't have kids but I would have thought that was wrong?

Just said on the news that he will be in all liklihood prosecuted.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also just caught this on the news and at first thought it was a baby doll, the way he was holding her!!!!!!!
Only when we turned up the volume did we realise this was for real.

What an idiot, he needs a reality check to get back in the real world.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any idea why this news story makes it onto the BBC website but not onto the Sydney Morning Herald website ??

Is it that the Aussies do not like to criticise their number one son, or is this really old news that has already passed ??
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

#1 Tosser of the Year - Steve Irwin.

His stupid wife is just as bad.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:11 pm
WBB

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
#1 Tosser of the Year - Steve Irwin.

His stupid wife is just as bad.
gee whizz look at that little beauty, it's a little ripper.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1019631.htm

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollster
I wasn't so worried about the croc but by the way he was holding it - four weeks old and he wasn't supporting the head and then dangled it by the arms by holding onto the wrists - I don't have kids but I would have thought that was wrong?

Just said on the news that he will be in all liklihood prosecuted.
that was one of the many things that baffled me! i'm a first time mum of a wonderful 5 and a half months old and i cant believe any parent would do such a thing...i guess he trusts the crocs too much...not worth the risk though.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This is unbelievable, http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Entertain...tory_33154.asp are almost praising him!, w*nkers.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Amazulu
This is unbelievable, http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Entertain...tory_33154.asp are almost praising him!, w*nkers.

Bob's big sister Bindi, five, was pictured on Seven News swimming with a giant python.

has anyone seen this?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:47 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by scrawni
Yes, he is a bit of a prat and he does need a good ticking off. The thing is he does this job every day of the week and he seems to have lost his sense of danger somewhat! I don't think he will do it again though.

By the way, imagin the ear bashing he must have got from the missus. I would have bloody killed my husband and hung him out to dry.

Mandy
I'm not 100% sure, but i think it was his wife that brought the baby out to him in the enclosure.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Amazulu
i just don't get it! babies are far too precious. i'm sitting here typing one handed with my five and a half month old on my knee...i wouldn't let him anywhere near a croc!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

One step too far really - I think the theory that he has lost his sense of danger is probably right. I think he's got a bit too big for his boots with all the media exposure, and has started to lose touch with the fact that crocs are wild animals.

His place - Australia Zoo- is fantastic by the way, for anyone heading out to Queensland; well worth a visit (and perfectly safe!)
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:23 am
WBB

looks like he has got away with it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1019676.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.