Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

irresponsible????

irresponsible????

Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default irresponsible????

.........or early August??
I am sick of this weather and have been googling a weeks holiday for me and 2 kids for one week during summer holidays. The prices are astronomical :curse: I got to thinking ......................................... if i have to pay that amount of money for ONE week hol maybe i should just head off to Oz and finish off my reccie that was ruined at easter??? I have somewhere to stay so wouldonly have to pay for flights and spending money. what you think? irresponsible (should be saving dosh for visa) ??? or sensible - good opportunity to make some plans.
What are the logistics etc regarding my visa grant?? i am 136 MODL and believe i have to be out of the country when it is granted?
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!! now i got to thinking!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: irresponsible????

Originally Posted by daunted
I am sick of this weather and have been googling a weeks holiday for me and 2 kids for one week during summer holidays. The prices are astronomical :curse: I got to thinking ......................................... if i have to pay that amount of money for ONE week hol maybe i should just head off to Oz and finish off my reccie that was ruined at easter??? I have somewhere to stay so wouldonly have to pay for flights and spending money. what you think? irresponsible (should be saving dosh for visa) ??? or sensible - good opportunity to make some plans.
What are the logistics etc regarding my visa grant?? i am 136 MODL and believe i have to be out of the country when it is granted?
I so know what you mean about the cost of holidays. We were going to go to Majorca, but when we decided we wanted to go to Oz, found it was cheaper to fly to Sydney for two weeks. OK we haven't got to pay for accommodation, but Sydney or Majorca???? Think we made the right decision!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I so know what you mean about the cost of holidays. We were going to go to Majorca, but when we decided we wanted to go to Oz, found it was cheaper to fly to Sydney for two weeks. OK we haven't got to pay for accommodation, but Sydney or Majorca???? Think we made the right decision!

i am so close to booking it - BUT am i being a bit extravagant or irresponsible LOL
I NEEEEEEEEEEED to be in Oz
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Irresponsible is my middle name, go on line and book it, just remember what most of us are already doing, leaving good payed jobs and arriving in a new country with no income, selling our houses and having no where to live, leaving the people who love and care for us. You have already taken the step that many people would only dream of. Go the whole hog, book it, pack it and F**K off and worry about it later.

minibelle
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minibelle
Irresponsible is my middle name, go on line and book it, just remember what most of us are already doing, leaving good payed jobs and arriving in a new country with no income, selling our houses and having no where to live, leaving the people who love and care for us. You have already taken the step that many people would only dream of. Go the whole hog, book it, pack it and F**K off and worry about it later.

minibelle
Holey crap don't remind me! I poo myself everytime I think about what we're doing!!!! I guess I've kinda put the no where to live, no income thing out of my mind.

I say go for it daunted!!

Kerry
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

minibelle
yeah i am thinking along those lines too!!
i went out at easter fora reccie which was totally ruined (long story buried on another thread somewhere) so realistically this could be a good move with regard to checking out Bunbury where i am drawn to but never been and check out uni and housing etc etc have i justified the expense yet LOL
cheapest flights i can find are £940!!!!!!!!! that sounds pretty steep to me what you think??????????
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Get gone I wish I could come with you will have to wait til September and go there for good lol
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sals
Get gone I wish I could come with you will have to wait til September and go there for good lol

ooooooh i will miss the meet!!!!!!!!
on serious note will i have to inform diac that i will be in oz as i applying off shore
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

yeah i am thinking along those lines too!!
i went out at easter fora reccie which was totally ruined (long story buried on another thread somewhere) so realistically this could be a good move with regard to checking out Bunbury where i am drawn to but never been and check out uni and housing etc etc have i justified the expense yet LOL
cheapest flights i can find are £940!!!!!!!!! that sounds pretty steep to me what you think??????????
Sounds expensive, how many are flying?

By the way i am reading a life coaching book by Fiona Harrold and can not be held responsible for my pushy but motivating threads, i am either brain washed or 'inspired'

minibelle
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Have you done it yet? Go for it!

Nic
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds expensive, how many are flying?

By the way i am reading a life coaching book by Fiona Harrold and can not be held responsible for my pushy but motivating threads, i am either brain washed or 'inspired'

minibelle

we will go for inspired hey mini
its for me and my 2 kids (who have to go as adults :curse ages 14 & 12. i thought it expensive too considerin it was only £657 to go at easter which was at least australia autumn as oppose to winter
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nic938
Have you done it yet? Go for it!

Nic
Nah - not yet! still lookig to see if i can get flights for £2k max
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

We justified our trip to ourselves as a "legitimate moving expense"... same as visa fees, removals etc etc....

Would be better to have at least an idea of the area you're going to. Depends a lot on your personal finances whether that £1000 will make that much of a difference in the whole scheme of things.

Sounds like you have already decided anyway

Just seen that that £1000 was for one ticket..... Lot of money if you have to buy 3!

Last edited by medwaymark; Jul 5th 2007 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

we will go for inspired hey mini
its for me and my 2 kids (who have to go as adults :curse ages 14 & 12. i thought it expensive too considerin it was only £657 to go at easter which was at least australia autumn as oppose to winter
Keep searching you should find something cheaper

minibelle
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Nah - not yet! still lookig to see if i can get flights for £2k max
Good luck. I am so jealous

Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.