IPHONE PLANS?

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default IPHONE PLANS?

I know i have aksed before and a few others but im having a blonde moment!

Im gonan take my iphone from uk to oz and i know i pay £45 a month here and have free internet access,but in oz i know that its a tad different!

I wanna browse a few sites now and again and just generally wanna text uk and also make the odd phone call home and receive,but i dont really wanna lock myself into a contract?
Heard virgin do descent deals?
Where wifey,son and i can get a paygo sim and phone each other for free!

So can anyone who makes calls back home on a mboile please hit me with prices? and also anyone doing the odd web browse on a iphone too please?

Love jase
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:27 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IPHONE PLANS?

Is your Iphone unlocked to use any sim?

Also, calls to UK from OZ via a mobile phone are a total waste of time, effort and money in my opinion, when we tried it the delay was shocking and we just gave up in the end.

Sorry can't be of any help regarding prices

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Also, calls to UK from OZ via a mobile phone are a total waste of time, effort and money in my opinion, when we tried it the delay was shocking and we just gave up in the end.
I've never had a problem - I normally use my 3 mobile to call the UK. In fact, more often than not mobile has seemed to be better than using a landline.

3 now do Prepaid caps - I'm on a contract but the cap seems to be more or less the same pre or postpaid.

My $49 cap inclusions are listed here.

You can use up to $100 of your $350 call limit on international calls - for UK landlines that equals around 2 hours.

3 only has coverage in major cities - outside of these you're roaming - not a problem for calls & SMS as these are still included in the cap. The major issue is web browsing which is charged at $5 per MB (on prepay) - can very quickly add up with an iPhone. I am spending a lot of time in the NT so have to be very careful with browsing and iPhone apps.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:28 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

If not unblocked you can jail break your iPhone easily. Loads on the web about it.

Similar to BC, OH uses pre paid $29 maxi cap on Voda and gets $150 calls inc UK. Does her fine and only occasionaly goes over, but then you just top up again.