iPHONE

Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:08 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of
Default iPHONE

Was thinking of getting my wife this for XMas but it comes with an 18 month contract with O2, I may wait till I get out there depending on advice, has anyone bought one in Oz?? I believe O2 does operate out there but probably under a diff name? Was thinking she could load her pics and fav tunes and be able to call relies all from one gadget.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPHONE

Check it out with O2 first mate, but you can get them unlocked in the UK apparently to run on any network. However you can only get hold of them on the O2 contract at the mo. Mind you, there's always ebay.....

Its been out on Oz for longer than here, so I'd google it and see what users have had to say about it. The camera isn't particularly high spec, and it doesn't come with that much memory. The N95 is a lot better for what you're looking at I reckon, and you can now get an 8Mb version - twice the size of the iphone.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

iPhone not released in OZ until next year. O2 do not operate in OZ, you can however buy O2 branded phones.
As the other poster indicated Nokia do several phones that are much better than the iPhone, have a look at the E51.
As per most things Apple, if you want something that looks nice then go for it, if you want a phone with better functions (and more reliable) go for Nokia.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:39 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Niki, Kev,

Didi google thro' the Oz google and O2 comes up but does not sell the iPHONE over their. Didnt say who they operate under either but did state O2.com.au, maybe you are right about better functioning phones but it does look good and she did say she liked the look of it, we had a play in Southampton with it at the O2 shop, didnt appear to have any issues, the lad did say that I could only purchase it if I took out the 18 month contract so I may look at Ebay.

P.S. Niki do you like the quote at the bottom of the page. I found it in a magazine last week lol
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

i had this dilemma a couple of months ago..........wanted a new "gadget" phone but not the contract,i got 1 offa ebay unlocked.Was gonna get an iphone but went for the nokia n95........what a phone it is,does evrything multimedia wise and has GPS built in aswell....knocks spots off the iphone
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
i had this dilemma a couple of months ago..........wanted a new "gadget" phone but not the contract,i got 1 offa ebay unlocked.Was gonna get an iphone but went for the nokia n95........what a phone it is,does evrything multimedia wise and has GPS built in aswell....knocks spots off the iphone
What size is the screen?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Love it - d'ya reckon it'll still be possible when you get there!

Apologies for the duff info on release date in Oz, my tutor (in Melbourne) was talking about the iphone release about 6 weeks ago and my assumption was that it was being released in Oz. I was obviously wrong (so will crawl back into my corner, well, for a minute anyway )

N95, if you want can get the OH to go through it with you - he's had one for a few months.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:54 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by NikiL
Love it - d'ya reckon it'll still be possible when you get there!

Apologies for the duff info on release date in Oz, my tutor (in Melbourne) was talking about the iphone release about 6 weeks ago and my assumption was that it was being released in Oz. I was obviously wrong (so will crawl back into my corner, well, for a minute anyway )

N95, if you want can get the OH to go through it with you - he's had one for a few months.
Dont get hit with vehicles just a snap by the odd crock thats gone awol from the Adelaide

Will check the specs on google tar!!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:59 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Read this !

http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/...9279031,00.htm
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:24 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TJUK
Was thinking of getting my wife this for XMas but it comes with an 18 month contract with O2, I may wait till I get out there depending on advice, has anyone bought one in Oz?? I believe O2 does operate out there but probably under a diff name? Was thinking she could load her pics and fav tunes and be able to call relies all from one gadget.
gotta say after looking at them they aren't worth all the hype as they don't do anything different to any other good quality phone on the market. so it's an Ipod well sony ericcsons are walkmans and most phones have mp3 players (just can't use the brand name of the big 2) most have cameras some a lot better than the Iphone. most are now 3g with good internet access and a lot are wifi and it's a big bulky ugly thing.
don't wanna put you off but you can get phones just as good for a lot less
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:32 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Thanks Timber...only added to my dilema now....wait...dont wait...wait
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TJUK
Thanks Timber...only added to my dilema now....wait...dont wait...wait
Have you looked at the Nokia E51? all of the functions in a nice little phone.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:41 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Have you looked at the Nokia E51? all of the functions in a nice little phone.
No but will have a quick search thanks...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is if you unlock the phone then a future update you download will 'brick' the phone as its called. THis means the phone and all functions are disabled. THe iphone is tied very closely into its contracts as apple get a portion of every contract sold, which has not been done with a phone before. So they are keen on keeping it locked to a specific network.

There was a hack brought out to unlock it and many did in america, then the next apple update came out and disabled all those phones, there was a big uproar about it in the usa but apple has simply ignored people and stated that they did warn people not to use third party programs to unlock.

I think the people who wrote the unlock software are working on a new version not sure if its out yet..
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:15 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Does it really matter?

Its a phone, how on earth does it matter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.