Iom?

Old May 17th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Iom?

I have seen a few threads mentioning IOM? Can anyone tell me what this service is about?

Thanks
Old May 17th 2005, 7:31 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iom?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
I have seen a few threads mentioning IOM? Can anyone tell me what this service is about?

Thanks
Check out www.iom.int
Old May 17th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Thanks
They assist international migrants. They can offer cheap one-way airfares and double the baggage allowance if tickets are booked through them. You have to prove elligibility though; IE proving you will emmigrate etc.

We got 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant from Oslo to Melbourne on the 11th of June for about 1000GBP. Not bad thinking about the cost of flights from Norway.

Do a search on this site .. and give your local IOM office a call. They should be able to assist you. Some are "hessitant", but keep at it .. and you will prevail!

/Jørgen
Old May 17th 2005, 10:54 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
my hubby contacted IOM & got this response...

Dear Steven

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

For new migrants coming to Australia with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on Qantas and some other flights operating from/to Australia. Flights on carriers other than with Qantas airways often follow the standard baggage allowance. Where a non-Qantas carrier is used you may need to pay for excess baggage direct to the airline concerned when checking in for departure.

To be eligible for our concession fares and baggage allowance all travel must be booked and paid to IOM.

Please note that Qantas may not operate out of your departure city. If this is the case, a combination of discounted fares and normal economy fares may be quoted.

The baggage allowance only applies to personal luggage. If you wish to move items by freight or cargo please contact Australian Customs Services at www.customs.gov.au.

In order to give you a travel quote please specify:

-Number of passengers (please provide the age if your family includes children under 12 years old)

-the city of departure

-the city of arrival in Australia

-Preferred departure date

Please note that the costing may change due to airfare increases or currency exchange rate fluctuations. Therefore, IOM will advise you of the exact cost after the actual airline booking has been made.

IOM cannot make travel arrangements until all Australian Immigration requirements have been met and visas and passports issued for each person traveling. Please ensure that you have all the necessary visas before your departure.

Payment: There are a number of ways that payment can be made. The preferred method of payment is through telegraphic transfer directly to IOM Canberra (in AUD). We cannot accept the payment by credit card or personal cheque.

If you have a friend or relative in Australia who can pay IOM Canberra on your behalf either by electronic transfer, or by bank cheque or money order sent to IOM Canberra. If these options are not suitable, IOM Canberra can arrange for payment to be made to an IOM Office closest to you.

Please note that it is a condition of travel that once payment has been received and the tickets issued no refund will be made for cancellations. After the tickets have been issued any fees or changes in fares due to date changes, the incorrect name of passengers or destination changes will must be borne by you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries regarding IOM-assisted travel.

Best regards,

Keiko Y Foster

International Organisation for Migration (IOM)

PO Box 1009, Civic Square ACT 2608 AUSTRALIA