Reload this Page >

Investor Retirement Visa - How much

Investor Retirement Visa - How much

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Blueboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Investor Retirement Visa - How much

Hi,

I`m trying to do some digging on the DIMIA website to find out more on the Investor Retirement Visa (Subclass 405). For the life of me i cant find out how much this Visa would cost - does anyone out there know? Please put me out of my misery.

Out of interest is any one applying for this Visa, or knows of someone who is / has, that would be able to answer a couple of basic questions.

Cheers.

BB
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Investor Retirement Visa - How much

I found the following info on a Queensland site if its any use:

must make a minimum designated investment (DI) in the Queensland Treasury Corporation of:

A$750,000 for a first or initial visa, if intending to live in a non-regional or non low growth area; and A$500,000 for a second or further visa, if the remaining in a non-regional or non low growth area;
OR
A$500,000 for a first or initial visa, if intending to live in a regional or low growth area; and A$250,000 for a second or further visa, if remaining in a regional or low growth area;

for grant of the initial visa only, applicants must provide evidence of assets that can be used to establish a lifestyle in Queensland. Those assets, (combined with assets of the spouse), must provide a minimum of:

A$750,000 if intending to live in a non-regional or non low growth area;
OR
A$500,000 if intending to live in a regional or low growth area;

must provide evidence of an annual income stream based on capital for investment, pension rights or both pension rights and capital for investment (which if combined with that of spouse), provides a minimum of:

$65,000 if intending to live in a non-regional or non-low growth area;
OR
$50,000 if intending to live in a regional or low growth area.

I am not sure if they are saying that you have to hand them A$750,000 and also have A$750,000 in your bank for yourself.

If so Lotto winners apply only!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Blueboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cybie
I found the following info on a Queensland site if its any use:

must make a minimum designated investment (DI) in the Queensland Treasury Corporation of:

A$750,000 for a first or initial visa, if intending to live in a non-regional or non low growth area; and A$500,000 for a second or further visa, if the remaining in a non-regional or non low growth area;
OR
A$500,000 for a first or initial visa, if intending to live in a regional or low growth area; and A$250,000 for a second or further visa, if remaining in a regional or low growth area;

for grant of the initial visa only, applicants must provide evidence of assets that can be used to establish a lifestyle in Queensland. Those assets, (combined with assets of the spouse), must provide a minimum of:

A$750,000 if intending to live in a non-regional or non low growth area;
OR
A$500,000 if intending to live in a regional or low growth area;

must provide evidence of an annual income stream based on capital for investment, pension rights or both pension rights and capital for investment (which if combined with that of spouse), provides a minimum of:

$65,000 if intending to live in a non-regional or non-low growth area;
OR
$50,000 if intending to live in a regional or low growth area.

I am not sure if they are saying that you have to hand them A$750,000 and also have A$750,000 in your bank for yourself.

If so Lotto winners apply only!!

I knwo the criteria is a little confusing. My questions is more to do with the application fee itself, rather than meeting the criteria.

I`ve looked on the DIMIA website at form 990i which seems to display all the VISA application charges except this one?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blueboy
I knwo the criteria is a little confusing. My questions is more to do with the application fee itself, rather than meeting the criteria.

I`ve looked on the DIMIA website at form 990i which seems to display all the VISA application charges except this one?
I think its $8000 for each person that applies, then it has to be paid again in 4 years if they want to renew it! Not alot ontop of all the rest eh??