Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Investment Bond Req/paid - guess it's visa's next - yipee!

Investment Bond Req/paid - guess it's visa's next - yipee!

Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Smile Investment Bond Req/paid - guess it's visa's next - yipee!

Just sorted out $100,000 investment bond, to get the very much needed 5 points, to meet our skilled ind application. Cost us very nearly £42,000. So we are skint, but truly committed to going.
We decided to give HIFX a go, they appear to have a good rep on here.
They seem very efficient.
Decided to invest in WA - rate looked favourable, and we are going there so decided to invest in our future homeland.
Our house has never looked so good, hubby decorating everywhere - want to get it on the market asap.
Really want to go this summer. Oldest due to leave primary school, no point starting high school. All the property info I am reading say's it's the best time of year to sell, hope their right.
I am doing all the stuff they recommend on these tv programmes, decluttering - my god, they could do a whole series of filming in our house.
as for colour - just a lttle, but mainly cream, off cream, creamy cream, hint of cream blah blah blah!
Boxes everywhere, sorting - charity, recycling, boot sale, etc, just know something is going to go that shouldn't.
We are extremly tired, haven't stopped all weekend, but the excitement is definatly keeping us going - can't wait to get to Perth, even though it will be winter time there.
Anyone tell me how long our passports will take to be in Oz getting visa's, before being returned?
Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:33 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Investment Bond Req/paid - guess it's visa's next - yipee!

Originally Posted by johnkay
Just sorted out $100,000 investment bond, to get the very much needed 5 points, to meet our skilled ind application. Cost us very nearly £42,000. So we are skint, but truly committed to going.
Decided to invest in WA - rate looked favourable, and we are going there so decided to invest in our future homeland.
Our house has never looked so good, hubby decorating everywhere - want to get it on the market asap.
Really want to go this summer. Oldest due to leave primary school, no point starting high school. All the property info I am reading say's it's the best time of year to sell, hope their right.
I am doing all the stuff they recommend on these tv programmes, decluttering - my god, they could do a whole series of filming in our house.
as for colour - just a lttle, but mainly cream, off cream, creamy cream, hint of cream blah blah blah!
Boxes everywhere, sorting - charity, recycling, boot sale, etc, just know something is going to go that shouldn't.
We are extremly tired, haven't stopped all weekend, but the excitement is definatly keeping us going - can't wait to get to Perth, even though it will be winter time there.
Anyone tell me how long our passports will take to be in Oz getting visa's, before being returned?
Thanks
u dont send passports to Oz to get ur visa's in....they just go to London do they not.....or is it different with diff visa's

Ours went to London we got them back within 5 days
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I did exactly the same thing (band via HIFX and WATC) - timeline below, but it wont be long now for you.

SS
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Our Bond money goes over today (Queensland) soooooo close now

All the best, not long now!!!

Sue
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:19 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Hiya,
Our bond cost us £42,084 plus fees to have a further advance on mortgage, I just know it will be well worth the money in the end.
We posted our passports to London on Monday and they arrived back on Saturday (only got them today as we missed postie), had it not been a Bank Holiday on Friday, they probably would have arrived then. All in all a very quick turn around and boy does the visa look splendid. Hope you aren't kept waiting too long.
Sarah
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya,
Our bond cost us £42,084 plus fees to have a further advance on mortgage, I just know it will be well worth the money in the end.
We posted our passports to London on Monday and they arrived back on Saturday (only got them today as we missed postie), had it not been a Bank Holiday on Friday, they probably would have arrived then. All in all a very quick turn around and boy does the visa look splendid. Hope you aren't kept waiting too long.
Sarah
Sarah,
Great to hear you finally got your visa's through. Hope all is going well with you and house move. Nothing our end, but still have a little time
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya,
Sarah

Hi Sarah

So you`ve now got them in your passport that was good going getting them back.

Thanks again for all you help

Sue