Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interview tomorrow

Interview tomorrow

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Default Interview tomorrow

I am supposed to go for an interview tomorrow and because of workload in my current position I am unable to get time off to attend - damn how do I tell the other company I cant make it and can they postpone till next week - any suggestions would be most welcome at this stage HEEEEEELP
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:34 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview tomorrow

just tell them the truth, they'll think you are such a commited team member they will offer you the job without an interview

If they make a fuss then they are not the sort of company you want to work for anyway!

Good luck

Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:36 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

As above, just be honest. If they are really interested in you they will understand. I had to postpone the interview for my current job and it didnt have any ill effect.
Good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:42 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
As above, just be honest. If they are really interested in you they will understand. I had to postpone the interview for my current job and it didnt have any ill effect.
Good luck.
Tell them of your pressures of work and offer to go after work if thats at all possible?

Best of luck.

jackie
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Tell them of your pressures of work and offer to go after work if thats at all possible?

Best of luck.

jackie
When I was interviewed for my current job, I was working on a short-term contract and told them I could not no way no how get there during daylight hours. They said "OK, let's make it 6:30"
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

thanks all for your positive feedback - I have really prepared for this interview and it kind of feels like a bit of a let down to myself and the company and hope it does not have any negative repercussions. I have sent the coordinator an email - now I wait for the response.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capacity
thanks all for your positive feedback - I have really prepared for this interview and it kind of feels like a bit of a let down to myself and the company and hope it does not have any negative repercussions. I have sent the coordinator an email - now I wait for the response.
I'd try to ring first thing itomorrow f I were you - that would show you're genuine and not just mucking them about.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd try to ring first thing itomorrow f I were you - that would show you're genuine and not just mucking them about.
I have just sent him a mail incase he has access after work to prepare him - but will call him first thing in the morning to - thanks for the advice