British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   interview!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/interview-662493/)

cs259cr Apr 3rd 2010 6:18 pm

interview!!!!!

:D I have just found out that I have got an interview for a job in Perth!!! But now i'm nervous as I have never had a telephone interview before and don't know anyone that has. It is to work as a nurse on the ITU of a busy private hospital. Any tips? I would really appreciate any :fingerscrossed: xx

vickyandrob Apr 3rd 2010 7:00 pm

Re: interview!!!!!

Just go into the nursing sub-forum and search interview tips, there's loads of posts on it.

Good luck, and out of interest was it an advertised post or did you just send in your cv?

Vicky

cs259cr Apr 3rd 2010 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by vickyandrob (Post 8470086)
Just go into the nursing sub-forum and search interview tips, there's loads of posts on it.

Good luck, and out of interest was it an advertised post or did you just send in your cv?

Vicky

Thanks for your help. I contacted an agency that was advertised in the RCN magazine. They were holding interviews near where I live so I sent my cv off to them. Had an interview, they had already forwarded my details to the hospital and i filled in an app form. One of my work colleagues also found the job on the hospitals website. hope that helps, if you want the numbers then I can forward it to you if you want.

Dreamy Apr 3rd 2010 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by cs259cr (Post 8470032)
:D I have just found out that I have got an interview for a job in Perth!!! But now i'm nervous as I have never had a telephone interview before and don't know anyone that has. It is to work as a nurse on the ITU of a busy private hospital. Any tips? I would really appreciate any :fingerscrossed: xx

The OH had several phone interviews before we came out here - usually very late at night or very early in the morning - if it's early in the morning, make sure to give yourself plenty of time to wake up and shower, have something to eat.

Find out beforehand from your agent the name of the person/people doing the interview and read through your CV before the call. Other than that, its like any interview, do your research on the hospital and role and have a list of questions to ask them :)

Oh, and good luck!

cs259cr Apr 15th 2010 2:26 pm

I had the interview on tues am at 0800 and it lasted 40 mins and 24 hrs later they contacted me to say I have got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, esp as they are sponsoring me :) Thanks everyone for all your help xx

al_and_lucy Apr 15th 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by cs259cr (Post 8498561)
I had the interview on tues am at 0800 and it lasted 40 mins and 24 hrs later they contacted me to say I have got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, esp as they are sponsoring me :) Thanks everyone for all your help xx

Congrats !!! :thumbup:

vickyandrob Apr 15th 2010 3:37 pm

Congratulations and all the very best in your new life!

vicky

Paula31 Apr 15th 2010 10:16 pm

Good luck with everything.:thumbup: