Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

internet in a rental!!

internet in a rental!!

Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default internet in a rental!!

Hi all

Miles away from this senario as of yet but would like to gather some info on voip and internet adsl with no phone line etc!

Any way senerio is this
Rent a home in melbourne(maybe warun ponds) for say 6 months and want the internet and a voip phone.
Dont want to pay for a landline,can someone explain in easy steps how we go about sorting this in a rental for 6 months?

cheers my dears

jase
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:36 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: internet in a rental!!

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi all

Miles away from this senario as of yet but would like to gather some info on voip and internet adsl with no phone line etc!

Any way senerio is this
Rent a home in melbourne(maybe warun ponds) for say 6 months and want the internet and a voip phone.
Dont want to pay for a landline,can someone explain in easy steps how we go about sorting this in a rental for 6 months?

cheers my dears

jase
Most minimum contracts are 12 months or good deals based on 24 months. Suggest therefore that when investigating you look to see what happens when you shift house/flat ie after 6 months buy your own house or move to another short rental.

In some cases if you take another 12 month lease they waive the breakfee/cost. However not all areas cover all providers - you may move to an area the provider cannot support.

You could investigate taking a longer stint at some of the short term rentals that can arrange longer term contracts ie 3 months to 6 months?

Talk with Kate on moving to melbourne I think she had something in South Yarra for 6 - 12 month lease?

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi all

Any way senerio is this

cheers my dears

jase

Jase

We are just about to make the trip to Melbourne and will be in temporary accomodation before we can get jobs and lease something longer term and I was stressing about internet access just like you.
I wanted to be online from day one for jobhunting purposes and to let everyone know we had arrived safely without having to find an internet cafe.

Another member suggested a mobile broadband dongle from "3" in the UK. There are various contracts but I've gone for a 5GB per month £15 18 month contract which means I can use it over here before I go for a month or so and it will work straight away (the other member used his in the taxi from the airport!). The coverage won't be perfect but Melbourne should be pretty well covered and you can make do with a just a mobile for phone calls.

Charlene
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi charlene
You jammy bugger you
That sounds like a sweet idea,but.....what if i cant get a signal with "3" in a rental i choose?

Does sound like a good idea though,but fancy prob getting into a adsl with free voip calls deal and asking them if i can change address afte ra certain amount of time within the deal(12/24 month adsl contract)

jase