Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Internet Providers UK

Internet Providers UK

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:00 am
Merlot

Default Internet Providers UK

Hi there

I pay about GBP7.00/8.00 per month for access and unlimited downloads. I pay for 3 months up front, no contracts.

Is there a similiar type of deal in the UK I can hook up too?

Cheers
Merlot

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:19 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Does that include call charges?

I used uk2.net in the UK - local call charges, no fees, free emails. I used both a 56Kb modem and a 128Kb ISDN line at different times, and had zero trouble with them in over two years.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:35 am
Merlot

Originally posted by downunderpom
Does that include call charges?

I used uk2.net in the UK - local call charges, no fees, free emails. I used both a 56Kb modem and a 128Kb ISDN line at different times, and had zero trouble with them in over two years.
Sounds interesting, I am using the dreaded TPG at the mo and have to pay for a local call each time I connect. I have had not too much bother with them but they host the website at work and I have endless problems with their tecko's with no brains!

Cheers
Merlot

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:38 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I had uk2 hosting my website, as well, but the freebies are good, and the rates can't be beat!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internet Providers UK

Originally posted by Merlot
Hi there

I pay about GBP7.00/8.00 per month for access and unlimited downloads. I pay for 3 months up front, no contracts.

Cheers
Merlot
I've been away form the UK for 6 months now but I used to hook up to Freeserve which was around GBP15.00 per month with unlimited access/downloads and no call charges. Other ISPs such as AOL and Virgin charge about the same and you can usually get the first month free - look in supermarkets such as Asda and Tescos or on PC magazine covers for a free sign-up CD.

Or there is the 'no-ties' option where you just pay the call charges - great if you don't plan on spending too long on-line (no unlimited length local calls in the UK) as the only bills you pay are to the phone company. I think it worked out at roughly a penny per minute.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:47 am
Merlot

Talking Happy Merlot!!!!!!!

Just checked them out, look too good to be true but will certianly use them.

I love this Forum for this kind of free advice.

Cheers Mate!

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:49 am
Merlot

Originally posted by Thomaz
I've been away form the UK for 6 months now but I used to hook up to Freeserve which was around GBP15.00 per month with unlimited access/downloads and no call charges. Other ISPs such as AOL and Virgin charge about the same and you can usually get the first month free - look in supermarkets such as Asda and Tescos or on PC magazine covers for a free sign-up CD.

Or there is the 'no-ties' option where you just pay the call charges - great if you don't plan on spending too long on-line (no unlimited length local calls in the UK) as the only bills you pay are to the phone company. I think it worked out at roughly a penny per minute.
Nice one Thomaz!

How are things with you? Good I hope?

M

Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:49 am
I like kittens.

Default Re: Happy Merlot!!!!!!!

Just checked them out, look too good to be true but will certianly use them.

I love this Forum for this kind of free advice.

Cheers Mate!
No worries!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Nice one Thomaz!

How are things with you? Good I hope?

M
Okay thanks Merlot.

Still not certain what I'm doing yet but at least life is not dull

Last week I decided to be more decisive but now I doubting my decision

I know, I'm just a doubting Thomaz
Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:01 am
Merlot

LOL!

Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:07 am
ABCDiamond

Hi there

Cheers
Merlot
www.cheapnet.co.uk do a freecall one for £11.75 inc vat, but limits you to 5 hours per day online.

I've used them to host my UK websites for about 5-6 years, and still use them for my some of my email accounts. Pretty happy with them, pity the freecall doesn't work dialling from OZ though

Old Feb 20th 2004, 2:09 am
ABCDiamond

Okay thanks Merlot.

Still not certain what I'm doing yet but at least life is not dull

Last week I decided to be more decisive but now I doubting my decision

Hi Thomaz
You're still down south in the cooler weather then ?

Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Hi Thomaz
You're still down south in the cooler weather then ?

Hi ABC, good to hear from you again.

Yep, I'm still shivering down here on the South Coast

Got another month before I need to do anything drastic like hand in my notice at work so I'm still in the process of checking things out.

Hope everything is well with you.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:28 am
ABCDiamond

Hi ABC, good to hear from you again.

Yep, I'm still shivering down here on the South Coast

Got another month before I need to do anything drastic like hand in my notice at work so I'm still in the process of checking things out.

Hope everything is well with you.
Yep, doing fine up here, hijacking the odd thread or two

Getting ready for the weekends 41C weather. Then a cool change again on Monday down to 36C.

f you do get up here at any time, the Brisbane Expats are having a meet on March 21st I think. That may be to early for you though if you do come up this way ?

Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Yep, doing fine up here, hijacking the odd thread or two

Getting ready for the weekends 41C weather. Then a cool change again on Monday down to 36C.

f you do get up here at any time, the Brisbane Expats are having a meet on March 21st I think. That may be to early for you though if you do come up this way ?
Thanks for the info on the meet - yes, 'fraid it will be a little too soon for me. Maybe the next one... hopefully.

Have a good weekend and try to stay cool

Merlot, broadband in the UK is almost as cheap as dial-up. My brother pays GBP17.99 for NTL 128K which is of course unlimited with no download limits. 512K is (or used to be) GBP24.99.

Wish it was that cheap here - I'm doing most of my surfing from work as it's too painfully slow from home (and I've reached my download limited for the month after 10 days)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.