Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

International Removal Insurance

View Poll Results: Is it worth paying out for Removal Insurance?
Yes - pay to insure all of your goods
42.86%
No - dont even bother
14.29%
Some - insure th more expensive items although you only get back the amount pro rata - ie if u insure 50% of your goods if one is damaged u wwill onlu get 50% of its worth
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

International Removal Insurance

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Cool International Removal Insurance

Im using john mason to move my stuff to australia is it worth paying insurance

as it would be around £700 to insure the full amount maybe even more????????

What do u guys think?
Old Jun 9th 2003, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default interested

what do u guys think
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:02 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: International Removal Insurance

Originally posted by Tambo
Im using john mason to move my stuff to australia is it worth paying insurance

as it would be around £700 to insure the full amount maybe even more????????

What do u guys think?
At 700 big ones, you must be shipping quite alot or you have over valued! Do they give a "new for old" policy or is it secondhand value? Also read the small print, particularly exclusions.
We are using PSS, but the jury is still out as to whether to bother with the insurance, just hope our container is not stacked on the top!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:29 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Only my opinion of course - we paid over 1000 GBP for insurance - I had in excess of 40,000 GBP worth of stuff, and it wasn't all really really expensive gear just what 15 years of living put together and we brought the lot. I only miss the stuff I did not bring!

When it came down to it 1000 was a drop in the ocean!!! to what we eventually spent and at least I had some come back....and I did check and recheck what we were covered for! But my experience may not be as valid for some as I got the move classified under my company so they may have been more careful??

6 weeks as promised door to door with pickfords - excellent service.

Cheers Sandra