Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

International Daily Mail (sorry for swearing!)

International Daily Mail (sorry for swearing!)

Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default International Daily Mail (sorry for swearing!)

Heres a thread bound to make people think I'm mad - I'd like to get hold of the International version of the Daily Mail but I can't find it anywhere here in Hervey Bay - the International Express is everywhere here but not the Mail.

I used to read the International Mail 10 years ago when I was living in New Zealand but am unsure if they publish it at all anymore, let alone in Oz. Internet searches don't really produce any helpful pointers.

Is there a website where I can subscribe to it?

By the way - its for my mum who is visiting from the UK for 3 months (although I'm sure I'd have a sneaky peak at it too) and she doesn't like reading online newspapers and isn't too keen on the International Express either!

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Daily Mail (sorry for swearing!)

She sounds fussy.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:29 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
She sounds fussy.
Not if she reads the Daily Mail she's not.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a quick google and the only one that showed up was the Intl Daily Express. Looks like the Daily Mail version doesn't exist anymore. Likely to be proven wrong though
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Had a quick google and the only one that showed up was the Intl Daily Express. Looks like the Daily Mail version doesn't exist anymore. Likely to be proven wrong though
Haven't seen an International Mail here for about 5 years. I'm not sure if they stopped it altogether, but it certainly isnt available in Aus anymore.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:18 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

You can get e versions of some UK papers but they cost the same as buying it on paper (if you lived in the UK) so I wont pay for them.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There is an International Telegraph which we sometimes buy.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Not if she reads the Daily Mail she's not.
My Mum 'only buys it for the crossword'
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:36 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There is an International Telegraph which we sometimes buy.
There is a Guardian too.

I am not really sure why anyone would want to read the Daily Mail?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I am not really sure why anyone would want to read the Daily Mail?
Agree. If you like the DM then you would get the same outlook/opinions by watching Today Tonight or ACA.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:49 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree. If you like the DM then you would get the same outlook/opinions by watching Today Tonight or ACA.
I detest Today Tonight/ACA. They normally have some ludicrous made up story about how eating Peach flavour yoghurt will make your hair fall out. Then follows an interview with random people who appear to be a sandwich short of a picnic.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:58 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I detest Today Tonight/ACA. They normally have some ludicrous made up story about how eating Peach flavour yoghurt will make your hair fall out. Then follows an interview with random people who appear to be a sandwich short of a picnic.
Some only turn up at the picnic with a giraffe......
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:11 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

The Daily Mail is actually the only UK paper that prints a daily edition in Australia - we used to order one for a customer - weekly editions of the Express, Telegraph, Guardian, Times, Independent are freely available at all pommie owned newsagencies, even airfreight editions of the Sun & daily Mirror!!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Oh for heeeeeavens sake, take no notice, Kelly is stark raving bonkers....... international Mail indeed!!!!!
Hey, bestest buddy...... coming to Hoolihans for a pint after work this week? Bobbie, new to the Bay is coming.

Angela xx
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
The Daily Mail is actually the only UK paper that prints a daily edition in Australia - we used to order one for a customer - weekly editions of the Express, Telegraph, Guardian, Times, Independent are freely available at all pommie owned newsagencies, even airfreight editions of the Sun & daily Mirror!!
Proved me wrong as well then, why only pick on Pen? Never come across a daily copy of the Mail here and I don't think its come up on BE before either.....(I don't THINK!) Mind you is that the normal Mail or the International one?
Ordering in is good, not so easy if you just want to walk in and buy one though. I've seen the daily Times on sale at the airport but thats all. Express, Guardian and Telegraph weeklies aren't too hard to find in Brisbane itself.
Is there really a weekly Times? Never seen that one (not that I doubt you, just never seen it! No pommie newsagents near me, what's your delivery charge to Kedron?!

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 8th 2009 at 8:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.