Reload this Page >

International Credit Ratings

International Credit Ratings

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

k1mmay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Credit Ratings

Hey All,

I will be moving to Australia in 6 weeks and I am concerned about my credit rating here in the UK.

At the moment I have ZERO credit history its the same old story of you need credit to get credit.

I am hoping that someone may know how I can improve my situation whilst I am away. I am worried that when I returned maybe in a few years time that I will still be in the same position.

Is there a particular bank which offers an Internationally tied credit system? I know that HSBC offer this with thier premium account however I do not meet the necessary requirements for this for example, I do not have 50k in savings.

I was thinking that maybe I could transfer money into my UK current account but I know that I will not get a great exchange rate in doing so plus the fact that many banks charge £20 for this service.

Whilst I am away I will get my mum to put a bill in my name and will pay regular to show account activity I would ideally like my salary to be put into a bank account which is recognised within the UK. Can anyone advised whether or not this would be possible bearing in mind I don not have any savings and investments to qualify for premimum accounts.

Further to this does anyone have any tips on boosting your credit rating?

My apologies if I have repeated previous threads!

Cheers- K
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Credit Ratings

Originally Posted by k1mmay
Hey All,

I will be moving to Australia in 6 weeks and I am concerned about my credit rating here in the UK.

At the moment I have ZERO credit history its the same old story of you need credit to get credit.

I am hoping that someone may know how I can improve my situation whilst I am away. I am worried that when I returned maybe in a few years time that I will still be in the same position.

Is there a particular bank which offers an Internationally tied credit system? I know that HSBC offer this with thier premium account however I do not meet the necessary requirements for this for example, I do not have 50k in savings.

I was thinking that maybe I could transfer money into my UK current account but I know that I will not get a great exchange rate in doing so plus the fact that many banks charge £20 for this service.

Whilst I am away I will get my mum to put a bill in my name and will pay regular to show account activity I would ideally like my salary to be put into a bank account which is recognised within the UK. Can anyone advised whether or not this would be possible bearing in mind I don not have any savings and investments to qualify for premimum accounts.

Further to this does anyone have any tips on boosting your credit rating?

My apologies if I have repeated previous threads!

Cheers- K
Forget your credit rating, its a UK credtit rating, and whatevere you do over there will only bost your rating over there.
When you get to Aus you start again, and the system here is completely different
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Credit Ratings

Don't know about HSBC offering an international credit rating but maybe if you have enough money your credit rating is irrelevant Although HSBC are worldwide, each country's 'version' is independent and has nothing to do with any other HSBCs in the world.