Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interesting Question...Please Answer

Interesting Question...Please Answer

Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interesting Question...Please Answer

We are using the validation trip next year as a scouting trip to see whether we actually like the place.

I'd like to know how many people on here have gone through the whole application process without actually visiting Oz.

Answers on a postcard please.

Three Legs

Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

austensue is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Moving

We have never been to Australia before!!! But we look at it s a new life and an adventure - in for a penny!
We are going via STNI route to Adelaide and have been advised by our agent (Go-Matilda) that we could have our Visa's by July this year! Yipeeeee. 2 summers on the trot.

Austen
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

menna is an unknown quantity at this point

We have never been to Oz before and after all this waiting hope it`s going to be worth it still waiting for med request had acc July 2003.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:02 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Weve never been ether but the same as others want a new life.
Fed up with weather, hubby not happy with work here and the goverment !! town where we live is nice

Hubby has family there in brisbane and his mother was bought up there and shes says would be mad not to go and wished she had now.

thinking if we should go first, i was going to ask the same Q, interesting to know now many of us.

katherine
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:14 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting Question...Please Answer

Originally posted by Three Legs
We are using the validation trip next year as a scouting trip to see whether we actually like the place.

I'd like to know how many people on here have gone through the whole application process without actually visiting Oz.

Three Legs

Hi!

Although I was born in Adelaide I have lived in the Uk since 1971 and have never been back. Hubby and children have never been.

We are due to fly out at the end of April. Just going to go for it. If it doesn't work out we can always come back!!!

Sally
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:12 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi

Us too have never been there.I have lived in the USA and despite

having visited it wasn't anything like when you live in a place.

I am luckily that work are paying for me to go to a conference in

Sydney in August and then hopefully the family and I will validate

in Easter next year before moving out in June.

Nikki x
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:18 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too - never been to Oz. Have family on the Gold Coast, they've been there 34 years and love it.

It's a new life and who cares, can't be worse than here !

August and were gone........................
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Why dont you make this a `poll` then you will get a good idea of the numbers
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:55 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Why dont you make this a `poll` then you will get a good idea of the numbers
has been done before - last june

I think it is ripe for for another one. Will be interesting if the %s have changed
Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Myself, hubby and daughter, never been but decided we dont want to live in the uk anymore, lots of reasons really, want to make a go of a new life down under
best wishes to you
rach, mark and chanelle x
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Pheobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Like all the other responses above, we have never been to Oz, just sounds great from what we have heard and read. Also fed up with how things are working out here and hope for a better life for our three children when we get there.
Just waiting on police checks then off goes the visa application (sponsored by hubbies new job, in Melbourne). Lets hope everythings quick then we can start enjoying our new life and adventure soon.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:13 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nosuchluck

Hi

We've never been to OZ.
Seems that the more you try to improve your way of life here, theres always someone willing to kick you in the b****cks and take it away again.

Can't be much worse if at all can it ??

SMC
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

SuziTattoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Three Legs,
Just wanted to say that me and my hubbie have gone through the whole process (and what a long winded process it was too!) and finally got our visas in January - we are off on a one-way ticket on 4th July - have never been to Oz before, so it's a bit of an adventure ... we're looking forward to it, but have realistic expections (especially after reading a lot of the treads on this website:scared: )

We lived in the US for 3 years and coped with the homesickness and adjusting to a new culture, so hopefully we can do it all again! Have friends who emigrated 3 years ago and have had ups and downs, but still love it.. So here goes nothing!

Good luck to you, best wishes, Suzi
Old Mar 27th 2004, 2:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Three Legs

Three legs - yeah sounds like your football team. Is that the true reason for your scouting trip ?

We have never been and will be jumping in the deep end too.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Three Legs

We've never been to Oz as a couple before. My parents were £10 pound tourists back in1966 but we moved back in 1969.

We were going to go next year to have a reccy, but if we are successful then we may well have our visas by then.

The money spent on a holiday/fact finding tour would be better spent when we get out there for good.

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.