Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

interesting email from DIMIA (partner/spouse visa)

Wikiposts

interesting email from DIMIA (partner/spouse visa)

Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:16 pm
Newbie... *tripfallbang*

Melburrrrnnnn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: interesting email from DIMIA (partner/spouse visa)

Thanks for posting that, lawlaw!

Lots of useful stuff that you can easily miss if you're reliant on on-line details as the info seems to be scattered about the site. Or maybe it was just my brain seizing up...

I wish I'd have found this a few weeks earlier... would have saved a lot of grief and time.

Ian

Last edited by Melburrrrnnnn; Oct 17th 2005 at 10:20 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:45 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=lawlaw]I emailed the london office this morning for some general information and this is the very informative email they posted back, this is for spouse/fiance/prospective marriage visa. I think it covers quite a lot of queries people have on her. It does say most people are interviewed though? Is this true?

Can't speak for applications lodged in Britain, but if applying in Australia for a spouse visa, the couple are ALWAYS interveiwed regardless of information you provide. My husband and i had been married for 9 years and lived together for 14 at the time of my application and we were still worried about the interveiw . However when we walked into the case officers office at DIMIA, the first thing she said was "i don't even know why you are here, i may as well just stamp you're passport" So if you do have to have an interveiw i really wouldn't worry about it, they are human after all, even if they don't appear to be . Good Luck with everything.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Melburrrrnnnn
Thanks for posting that, lawlaw!

Lots of useful stuff that you can easily miss if you're reliant on on-line details as the info seems to be scattered about the site. Or maybe it was just my brain seizing up...

I wish I'd have found this a few weeks earlier... would have saved a lot of grief and time.

Ian

No problemo, good luck with it all, have you posted yours off yet? We got ours in under a week.