Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interesting comments by John Howard

Interesting comments by John Howard

Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:35 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Interesting comments by John Howard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6551245.stm
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting comments by John Howard

I would have thought they were already on the basis of the cost of treatment. Probably wrong - It happens occasionally
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:32 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=moneypen20;4636585]I would have thought they were already on the basis of the cost of treatment. Probably wrong - It happens occasionally[/QUOTEn

Don't worry the good old UK will accept them with open arms. The minute they enter the country and request a blood test and are found positive the NHS is duty bound to treat them, at I believe annual approx cost of 15,000 pounds per person per year.

Disgusted:curse:
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:40 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the Prime Minister is correct in his comments. I fail to see why any country would want to willingly accept migrants on non humanitarian grounds with HIV. Before getting into the technical debate on HIV not being AIDS etc etc, really the same should apply to any disease which is infectious and carries a prospect of high costs of treatment and burden to the state.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ray2gill;4636682]
Originally Posted by moneypen20
I would have thought they were already on the basis of the cost of treatment. Probably wrong - It happens occasionally[/QUOTEn

Don't worry the good old UK will accept them with open arms. The minute they enter the country and request a blood test and are found positive the NHS is duty bound to treat them, at I believe annual approx cost of 15,000 pounds per person per year.

Disgusted:curse:
My sentiments entirely. And without tarring everyone with the same brush, one of the many "similar" reasons why a lot (probably a majority) of people on this site are looking at leaving the UK. (If this doesn't apply, no need to respond - just a generalisation!)
I can't believe would-be immigrants aren't tested at source, or at least on the other side of the channel. 440 Eastern European immigrants registering at one Luton GP's practice EVERY MONTH. How long can we sustain that kind of increase?
I'd go on, but I'm tired of it now......just look on Migrationwatch's website and be concerned.
I was going to say "John Howard for UK Prime Minister", but soon we'll be in Oz, so we'll need him there.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

djdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nice

[QUOTE=tofster;4637813]
Originally Posted by ray2gill

My sentiments entirely. And without tarring everyone with the same brush, one of the many "similar" reasons why a lot (probably a majority) of people on this site are looking at leaving the UK. (If this doesn't apply, no need to respond - just a generalisation!)
I can't believe would-be immigrants aren't tested at source, or at least on the other side of the channel. 440 Eastern European immigrants registering at one Luton GP's practice EVERY MONTH. How long can we sustain that kind of increase?
I'd go on, but I'm tired of it now......just look on Migrationwatch's website and be concerned.
I was going to say "John Howard for UK Prime Minister", but soon we'll be in Oz, so we'll need him there.
Responding to both you and "disgusted" of DUBAI (what a joke), the ignorance of you Daily Mail, reading majority of so called educated people is laughable to the extreme, a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing.

Lets put everybody with a blood bourne virus on an island in the middle of an ocean and ask that other fascist (Howard and other "RIGHT minded" individuals included) Mr Ahmadinejad to test his nuclear proliferation upon them.

Please confirm to the so called minority of right minded people on this site (as you proclaim to speak for the "Majority") that you have never have had unprotected sex, never had the misfortune to need a blood transfusion.

I actually left the UK to escape petty minded individuals like you and James Anderton ( do you remember swimming in a cess pool of "their" own making).Not to escape genuinely sick people who are fleeing from despotic regimes.

HIV is only transferable if you fail to take precautions against it. Pulmonary TB on the other hand is airborne and contagious as opposed to other forms of TB.

Ignorance really is no excuse
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:21 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=djdazzyb;4638171][QUOTE=tofster;4637813]

Responding to both you and "disgusted" of DUBAI (what a joke), the ignorance of you Daily Mail, reading majority of so called educated people is laughable to the extreme, a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing.

Lets put everybody with a blood bourne virus on an island in the middle of an ocean and ask that other fascist (Howard and other "RIGHT minded" individuals included) Mr Ahmadinejad to test his nuclear proliferation upon them.

Please confirm to the so called minority of right minded people on this site (as you proclaim to speak for the "Majority") that you have never have had unprotected sex, never had the misfortune to need a blood transfusion.

I actually left the UK to escape petty minded individuals like you and James Anderton ( do you remember swimming in a cess pool of "their" own making).Not to escape genuinely sick people who are fleeing from despotic regimes.

HIV is only transferable if you fail to take precautions against it. Pulmonary TB on the other hand is airborne and contagious as opposed to other forms of TB.

Ignorance really is no excuse[/QUOTE

I am very informed and I have to tell you that sadly due to health tourists with HIV and AIDS our budget for retrovirals is far exceeded, the majority of new cases in the Uk are from illegal immigrants. This means that treatment centres are stretched to their limits and not everyone gets the 1st class treatment they are entitled to.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the ignorance and sheer prejudice on this site makes me despair.

G
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=djdazzyb;4638171]
Originally Posted by tofster

Ignorance really is no excuse

Well, at least your second point was of interest....
And I did say "probably".
You may be right. Let's allow whoever (carrying whatever) to move to wherever. I'd hate to stymie such intelligent left-wing thinking.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least your second point was of interest....
And I did say "probably".
You may be right. Let's allow whoever (carrying whatever) to move to wherever. I'd hate to stymie such intelligent left-wing thinking.
See what I mean.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that if I lived in a country where I knew I would not get treatment for a life threatening disease and I knew of a country that would treat me I would be there like a shot and so would the rest of you
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
See what I mean.
Oh alright then....
I'm off to hug a tree and grow a bumfluff beard.
Better now?

Don't forget to wash the sand out of your hair when you pop your head back up.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Oh alright then....
I'm off to hug a tree and grow a bumfluff beard.
Better now?

Don't forget to wash the sand out of your hair when you pop your head back up.
A bigot as well.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

djdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nicedjdazzyb is just really nice

[QUOTE=asher;4638194][QUOTE=djdazzyb;4638171]

Ignorance really is no excuse[/QUOTE

I am very informed and I have to tell you that sadly due to health tourists with HIV and AIDS our budget for retrovirals is far exceeded, the majority of new cases in the Uk are from illegal immigrants. This means that treatment centres are stretched to their limits and not everyone gets the 1st class treatment they are entitled to.
Speaking from the know at the sharp end, everybody receives 1st class treatment in the North West of england (area of expertise). To say that they don't is disrespectful to the health care professionals.

Regardless of who you are illegal or not, surely you are entitled to treatment regardless of what country you are in. A sick person is a sick person after all.

The fact that the UK and Australia are wealthy countries, should we condem people to death just because they had the misfortune to be born outside of their borders. If that is what you believe then god bless you and good night.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
A bigot as well.
Well at least have the balls to argue instead of leaving limp-wristed comments....!! (Oh God, I've said "limp-wristed", that's the gay community victimised)
I was up for a real ding-dong as well.
I'm off to another thread for a proper argument.

Now, wheres that Nazi phrasebook.......?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.