Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interdependant Partner Migration to Aus - HELP!

Interdependant Partner Migration to Aus - HELP!

Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:48 am
'newbie'

maccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Interdependant Partner Migration to Aus - HELP!

Hi guys!

What a great forum! I was pointed here by a friend who's just moved to LA and mentioned that he received help with his visa - so I figured hopefully I might be able to gain some knowledge from the Australian one.

I currently in Sydney on a Working Holiday visa. I'm applying for an Interdependant Partner Migration visa to hopefully stay here. My partner is from Australia (myself from London) and I've been in a relationship with her now for over 2 years. We have also lived together for more than one year and we are currently renting our own place in Sydney.

I was just wondering if any of you have come to Australia on the same visa I am applying for and if you have been successful? If so - I would really appreciate some help. The application itself is nearly $2000 plus the charges on top (medical exam, police checks etc etc) - quite costly. I checked out the price of a Migration Agent and it seems they charge around $2500 to $3000 for their services! So I'm going to try and apply without using an agent - as really, I can't afford the bills.

What I really need is a list of all the things I would need for my application - I understand we have to prove we have been in a relationship and living together for a year...can anyone give me a full list of what I need to submit or what you submitted for a successful application?

Also how long roughly did it take for your application to be granted?

If you have any other advice on this visa application that would be really helpful.

Thanks so much..

Cheers
Maccy
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Interdependant Partner Migration to Aus - HELP!

Originally Posted by maccy

What I really need is a list of all the things I would need for my application - I understand we have to prove we have been in a relationship and living together for a year...can anyone give me a full list of what I need to submit or what you submitted for a successful application?

Also how long roughly did it take for your application to be granted?

If you have any other advice on this visa application that would be really helpful.

Thanks so much..

Cheers
Maccy

Hi Maccy,

I applied for a de facto visa, which I believe is quite similar. I will pm you a list of everything I sent in - you may want to check though if all of it is relevant to your case.

Cheers