Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insure-your-move

insure-your-move

Old May 19th 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice
Default insure-your-move

Has anyone used Insure-your-move for shipping insurance instead of the removal companies - either own insurance or recommended insurance?
Just working out with Crown Relo quote for insurance is 3.7% so roughly £475 which does not incl Mould and Mildew Cover or Electrical & Mechanical Derangement; but on insure your move a quick quote of £242 which does include the above.

Confused dot com, I sure am! Any advice would be much appreciated, our move is next week and has happened all so quick, so not much time.

Thanks
Old May 20th 2010, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insure-your-move

We used Letton Percival & we did have to claim & it was all quite good. They were a lot cheaper than the removal companies & if you do a search on here, you will find them mentioned quite a lot.
Good luck with your move!
Old May 20th 2010, 9:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Letton Percival are used by most of the shipping companies and do a very good quote privately. Never heard of insure-your-move to be honest so can't comment on them. We used LP but thankfully nothing was lost or damaged so it was wasted money in the end
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

I found this post on the search engine. I know it is quite an old post but just wanted to "bump" it up to see if anyone has had any experience of this company?

I have just booked removals today - but like most people have already said - found the removal companies insurances to be very high as opposed to this company?? So just wondered if anyone has used them....

Thanks for any help
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
I found this post on the search engine. I know it is quite an old post but just wanted to "bump" it up to see if anyone has had any experience of this company?

I have just booked removals today - but like most people have already said - found the removal companies insurances to be very high as opposed to this company?? So just wondered if anyone has used them....

Thanks for any help
Still never heard of them other than on this thread. Letton Percival are the insurers that most of the shipper use. The shippers add a large percentage though so if you say no to them but then contact LP, they will give you the same insurance for a fraction of the cost the shippers would give.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

we used pickfords for removals and asked them to price match letton percival for the insurance which they were happy to do

always worth an ask, they can only say no
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Yes we used insure your move. Can't fault them. We had a lot of items to specify due to my husbands excessive music collection. You specify any item worth over £750. Make sure you work out the replacement cost in Australia since this is where you will be replacing any damaged items.
Worked out to be just under 1.5% of the value and they cover mould/mildew and there is no excess as long as it has all been packed by a registered removal company.

We had to make a claim due to dvd player not working on arrival, some drawers for a wardrobe were damaged and a mirror got cracked. All pretty painless claim. Emailed them straight away and they sent us a form to fill in and we had to get a dvd repairman to confirm if the dvd player could be fixed (they covered the fee). Money was in my bank account within a week and it was about £250 more than the premium I paid.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Thanks for replys.

I have seen Letton Percival mentioned a few times, but think they do have an excess as opposed to Insure your Move.

Its nice to know that someone has used them and made a claim with no probelms.

Thanks again
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:14 pm
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
We used Letton Percival & we did have to claim & it was all quite good. They were a lot cheaper than the removal companies & if you do a search on here, you will find them mentioned quite a lot.
Good luck with your move!
Snap - Letton Percival were really very good in our claim as well. We did our privately outside the shipping company but it really made no big difference either way.