Reload this Page >

Insurance job prospects in Oz??

Insurance job prospects in Oz??

Old May 25th 2011, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance job prospects in Oz??

Hi there

I am just wondering what are the job prospects in Australia in the area of Insurance/Property Claims or anything related to this area?

I have a (Hons) Degree in Risk Management with Ins and graduated in 5 years ago. I worked for the last 4 years as a Insurance Loss Adjuster.

I am very keen to relocate to Oz for a change of lifestyle and hopefully advance my career as im currently stuck in a rut here in Ireland.
So I'm wondering what job prospects are there in such an area or related fields?? im not even sure if i wanna stay in Insurance but its all i know at the minute..

Would you need to travel out there first on a WHV or is lining up a job first a possibility? or am i mad to leave a full time job here in Ireland?

Any help or feedback would be great.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance job prospects in Oz??

The cost of my house, car, and health insurance premiums are 4 times what I paid in London. The industry seems to be thriving.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

If I recall correctly Insurance Broker was added to the NSW state migration list. Perhaps some other Insurance related work too.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:04 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Insurance sector here is nothing like Britain, Ireland or Canada that's for sure. If you feel like there is an abundance of jobs in your sector that you could do then come out on a WHV.

www.seek.com.au
Old May 27th 2011, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Scarletta is an unknown quantity at this point

I am kind of in the same situation, I want to up and leave my job of just over 4 years to go to Oz. My Occupation is not on the SOL but I do apply for jobs which I see on SEEK.

Sorry my reply isnt insurance related but with regards to the WHV some people have given me their opinion.

A lot of people say go out to Oz on a WHV and see what you can get but you can only work for one employer for 6 months.

A good friend of mine out in Melbourne tells me that if you are on a WHV an employer won't even look at your C.V. and she has told me that it's a risk to take.

So the dilema is - is it sensible to leave a job and go to Oz without having one lined up? Well I'm living the next 3 months cautiously trying to get sponsorship and if that fails I'm heading out to Oz on a WHV and if all else fails I'll temp for 12 monts - it's all still experience.