Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insurance help please

insurance help please

Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:11 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default insurance help please

Sorry I know this has been done a million times but I cant find anything.

I'm not sure about shipping insurance I have been quoted 2% by Crown for total loss, Can't be bothered with breakage unless I can get it very cheap.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap insurance company

Cheers
Kala
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:22 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: insurance help please

Originally Posted by kala

I'm not sure about shipping insurance I have been quoted 2% by Crown for total loss, Can't be bothered with breakage unless I can get it very cheap.

Cheers
Kala
The cheapest I have come across was 1.5% but there were so many exclusions that you might as well not bother.
i would say 2% is reasonable, and its a one stop shop if anything goes wrong

PJ
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:27 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: insurance help please

Originally Posted by Jacko1
The cheapest I have come across was 1.5% but there were so many exclusions that you might as well not bother.
i would say 2% is reasonable, and its a one stop shop if anything goes wrong

PJ
Just foud the link to said cheapo company;

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/commercial.html

really helpful but loads of exclusions
Good Luck, Kala may see you over in Aus

PJ
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:33 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by kala

Cheers
Kala
Think mine was 1.5% (for breakage and total loss) - I only insured certain items & as I was only shipping a small amount the cost was nominal.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

As said, I looked at Letton Percival but the exclusions mean that you are unlikely to get reimbused for anything!

Total loss means just that - if one package gets through but the rest is lost - no payment!

My own view is to take the risk yourself. You are bound to get a few breakages and the amount you would get after excess is not worth the trouble - and you are going to pay thousands for the policy.

Mrs Rog doesn't agree - so we are paying the thousands!