Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insufficent bandwidth????

Insufficent bandwidth????

Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Insufficent bandwidth????

I have installed expat sheild so I can watch UK programs on BBC I payer.
All was going well but for the last week it won't let me watch any programs and comes up with a message 'insufficent bandwidth'
Any suggestions??????
Old Mar 13th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice
Default Re: Insufficent bandwidth????

Have you been capped? If slowed then you may not have the bandwidth needed to view the programs. No more TV till the start of the next billing cycle.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I will have to call our provider to check, I thought we had unlimited
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

There is unlimited and unlimited. There a a few real unlimited deals about but they are very uncommon now. The usual unlimited deal will slow you down after a fixed amount of data has been downloaded. They will not cut you off, so in theory you can continue downloading all you want, hence your deal is unlmited, just very slow.

Who is your ISP?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by derf
There is unlimited and unlimited. There a a few real unlimited deals about but they are very uncommon now. The usual unlimited deal will slow you down after a fixed amount of data has been downloaded. They will not cut you off, so in theory you can continue downloading all you want, hence your deal is unlmited, just very slow.

Who is your ISP?
Big pond, we are supposed to have an unlimited package with them!!!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Take a butchers at this old but still relevant info...http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/...roud-of-it.ars
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple rain
Big pond, we are supposed to have an unlimited package with them!!!

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...ed_unlimited_/

From the above article

You forgot Bigpond's "Unlimited" plans. $89.95 a month for "unlimited" downloads, except you get capped to 64kbps (a whisper faster than dialup!) after 24gb.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

In the last few months bigpond have improved thir plans a lot. They have just forgotten to tell those on the old poor plans.

If you have your land line with bigpond you save $10 on the monthly bill and another $10 if you have your mobiles with them.

They offer a adsl2+ 50g plans for 69.95 ( minus the land line and mobile reductions). Or a 100g plan ( but I cannot remember the costs.

So get on to them and tell them they either give you the better plan or you will churn to TPG or IINET.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

With Bigpond you can just go online and change your plan. i did this recently the plan I was on was ADSL 25gb at $79.95 month, and I changed to ADSL2 50 gb month for $69.95 month.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

I shall Bigpond tomorrpw, cheers for the comments