Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insect bomb for garage

Wikiposts

Insect bomb for garage

Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Insect bomb for garage

Ok i hate spiders, i am really bad with them . might be moving to Hervey bay now instead of Vic....will there be more spiders there, snakes etc????
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rackcatt
Ok i hate spiders, i am really bad with them . might be moving to Hervey bay now instead of Vic....will there be more spiders there, snakes etc????
Huntsman spiders are literally everywhere I think, I wouldn't expect much difference...I think it would more depend on your local area, garden etc.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Huntsman spiders are literally everywhere I think, I wouldn't expect much difference...I think it would more depend on your local area, garden etc.
OH man...are they massive ???
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:44 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

OH man...are they massive ???
Well the one in my OH's car certainly is!

A bit like this!

Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Well the one in my OH's car certainly is!

A bit like this!

http://i54.tinypic.com/156sf87.jpg
Oh no...aaaarrgghhh...just honestly never thought that much about it before, but oh heck this could change me moving..
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Oh no...aaaarrgghhh...just honestly never thought that much about it before, but oh heck this could change me moving..
I lived in Brisbane for 4 years and never once had one in the house.

One (like in the pic above) was in the laundry under the house once. Another time there were a couple (much smaller) on the insect screens outside.

Here in Melbourne I've also never had one in the house...but the current one is the second car one, the first was much smaller.

I'm a bit of an arachnophobe, and really it's just not a major issue but I'm not happy sharing a car with one that size!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK just unsubscribing from this thread. I saw a bit of a leg and closed my eyes to the end. Ain't looking anymore.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a list (with pictures) of the different spiders, saying which ones are dangerous?

We had one redback in the garage when we first arrived (and although I'd never seen a picture it was obvious what it was) and a lot of hairy brown ones about 1cm long. I was totally paranoid at first, but have become relatively relaxed about them as the weeks have gone on.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
OK just unsubscribing from this thread. I saw a bit of a leg and closed my eyes to the end. Ain't looking anymore.
Thank God I clicked on the "latest post" link and scrolled up to see your warning. Over and out for me too.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Is there a list (with pictures) of the different spiders, saying which ones are dangerous?

We had one redback in the garage when we first arrived (and although I'd never seen a picture it was obvious what it was) and a lot of hairy brown ones about 1cm long. I was totally paranoid at first, but have become relatively relaxed about them as the weeks have gone on.
Here's one, but be sure to read up on the more poisonous ones because apparently their colourings and markings can vary.

Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:51 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

I didnt so I looked and then cos I couldnt believe what I had seen I looked again.

Ah well just what I need to have in my head before I have my hair cut and coloured ready for my party on sat (this is my one day off this week till sat lol)
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:52 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

pauly you could have waited just what I did not need to see as I posted
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by paulry
Here's one, but be sure to read up on the more poisonous ones because apparently their colourings and markings can vary.

http://www.alloverpest.com/images/spider.jpg
I tells ya...if I was driving along, and that huntsman fell from the sun visor...it certainly wouldn't be 'low risk'!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:25 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I tells ya...if I was driving along, and that huntsman fell from the sun visor...it certainly wouldn't be 'low risk'!
I'd bale out of the car if that happened
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.