Insania!!!

Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:36 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Insania!!!

Hi Guys

Well I am well and truly cracking up (no comments from members who think I already have please!!)

Been waiting for the "little yellow" to drop through the letter box for a few days now re our visas so I can say "Got it" only to discover this morning that we are caught up in the new rules.

Our assuror didn't lodge our bond till 4th July (skilled sponsored) which means assuror has to have an interview with Centrelink as they are, from July 1st, responsible for assessing assurors now and not case officers.

Sick as a chip, another delay, more hurdles to cross than Red Rum, bless him. We mistakingly thought if you have an application lodged before July 1st you stayed under the old rules, oh no you don't!!

So, another waiting game begins. Just letting wannabe "Got Its" know that you're in the hand of Centrelink, just hope we don't end up with a jobsworth.

Walla
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:50 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Walla-So sorry for you
Hope your not waiting too long.
Donna.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Insania!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by walla1
Hi Guys

Well I am well and truly cracking up (no comments from members who think I already have please!!)

Been waiting for the "little yellow" to drop through the letter box for a few days now re our visas so I can say "Got it" only to discover this morning that we are caught up in the new rules.

Our assuror didn't lodge our bond till 4th July (skilled sponsored) which means assuror has to have an interview with Centrelink as they are, from July 1st, responsible for assessing assurors now and not case officers.

Sick as a chip, another delay, more hurdles to cross than Red Rum, bless him. We mistakingly thought if you have an application lodged before July 1st you stayed under the old rules, oh no you don't!!

Oh no! dont say that! we are in the same boat having applied Dec 03.Thought it just applied to applications after July 1st too!
What was the point of them getting all their incomes checked and certified in the first place? Have you seen this officially in writing or
just a rumour on here? As you rightly say...another hurdle!!
Regards
Windsurfer uk
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Windsurfer

Nope, new rules from 1st July, it's on DIMIA website.

Another thing too this new process can take between 4 and 8 weeks. Our case officer hasn't even got the bond cert yet and that was lodged 4th July.

Anyway cuz has been in touch with DIMIA and Centrelink and they inform him it is just a formality as he has already been passed by DIMIA as an assuror, famous last words I know.

Can't see the point of it really (if he's already been passed), just more red tape we have to contend with, it sure has bolloxed our hopes of being out there in September me thinks.

Walla
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:18 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Guys

So, another waiting game begins. Just letting wannabe "Got Its" know that you're in the hand of Centrelink, just hope we don't end up with a jobsworth.

Walla

Walla as Donna said mate, really sorry, chin up, chest out, you will be there soon enough. Hope to see you in August if that is still on.

Malky
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:20 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by madsad
Walla as Donna said mate, really sorry, chin up, chest out, you will be there soon enough. Hope to see you in August if that is still on.

Malky

Chears Malcolm

Hope so, was nearly giving up last week, but good weekend lifted our spirits!!

Walla
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:33 am

Originally posted by walla1
Chears Malcolm

Hope so, was nearly giving up last week, but good weekend lifted our spirits!!

Walla

Whatever you do dont give up!!!! you know you will only regret it in the long run!! when you are sitting on the beach with a cold one & a big ol steak cooking on the barby you will realise it was all worth it!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not just the centrelink problem,because of this new 7 day thingy the med requests for people acknowledged before 1st of July have slowed down too apparently as they are concentrating on finalising visas and and the 1st of July mob. Just a thought...would it be quicker to apply again!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

I didnt even know about this new rule- I feel really bad for my brother in law ( my assurer) as he already went out of his way doing all the forms. Now he has to take time off work for an interview aswell ?????? Mad
Oh well dont think I'll mention it for a while !! He lives in Tasmania- maybe they dont have centre point !!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:13 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by windsurfer uk
Its not just the centrelink problem,because of this new 7 day thingy the med requests for people acknowledged before 1st of July have slowed down too apparently as they are concentrating on finalising visas and and the 1st of July mob. Just a thought...would it be quicker to apply again!!!!
Couldn't afford it!!

In my wallet and on my heart!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought!

We lodged our skilled aussie sponsored on 22/03/04 along with all the relevent assurers documentation & forms.

Even though we lodged everything before April - will our Australian relatives be called in for an interview by Centrelink or have we just scraped in under the old rules?

The next thing that we were expecting to hear was the request for us to go for the medicals!

Golden Dreamer

Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:58 pm
Keeping it fairly real

[
Hey Golden Dreamer

Centrelink thing will be the same as us. New rule states your sponsor has to have interview, thus prolonging the process. We thought like you as we had everything lodged before July 1st we would be under old rules. No.

So as I said a further wait, we've done meds police checks and assuror thing, if cuz had lodged bond 5 days earlier we would now be home and dry.

Hang in there sure it will all be fine

Walla