Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The In's and out's of immigration

The In's and out's of immigration

Old May 13th 2007, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default The In's and out's of immigration

Its been a lazy old weekend - I have been sifting through my "favourites" - the place where I dump stuff for reference...and seldom get back to.

Here is a little snippet to start you off from an online article in The Times:-

Changing places

Where immigrants to the UK come from

1 India 92,000

2 Australia 78,000 <<<< Look>>>>

3 Poland 69,000

Where British citizens choose to emigrate
1 Australia 71,000 <<<< Look>>>>>

2 Spain 58,000

3 France 42,000 [/COLOR]

So on the face of it 7000 more Aussies entered the UK than brits entered OZ!

Do they know something we don't.......and is it as hard for them to get a visa as it is for "us"?

Link to full article
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1680430.ece
Old May 13th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The In's and out's of immigration

I would suggest that most of the Aussies leaving would be on working holiday visas or have dual nationality visa's from their parents or from being born in the UK and moving to Oz when young( so wouldnt need to go through the hassle of applying for residency visa's)..I would say a good proportion of Brits going to Oz would be on working holiday visa's to , doing the grand tour so to speak
Old May 13th 2007, 12:14 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The In's and out's of immigration

Originally Posted by Fenton
I would suggest that most of the Aussies leaving would be on working holiday visas or have dual nationality visa's from their parents or from being born in the UK and moving to Oz when young( so wouldnt need to go through the hassle of applying for residency visa's)..I would say a good proportion of Brits going to Oz would be on working holiday visa's to , doing the grand tour so to speak
Yep.

My father was a Pom, so I came over here on a 4-year ancestry visa. Been here more than 3 years now; applied for British citizenship early last year, and got the rubber stamp in less than a month.

Now I have a cute little red British passport to go with my blue Aussie passport.
Old May 13th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

sorry, want to ask something unrelated to this thread. Vinny said about going through things saved in "favourites" -I'm dying to know how to save useful bits of info etc.. that I read on here. Is there any way of creating a folder of favourite threads or to save useful bits on info in?? Thanks xxx
Old May 13th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
sorry, want to ask something unrelated to this thread. Vinny said about going through things saved in "favourites" -I'm dying to know how to save useful bits of info etc.. that I read on here. Is there any way of creating a folder of favourite threads or to save useful bits on info in?? Thanks xxx
Mrs Kiwi, if it's a thread that you want to save, go to the thread tools tab near the top of the page and slightly to the right of the centre, then choose subscribe to thread. After that, when you go into your profile you will see the thread listed under 'subscribed threads' Threads in which you post will also be saved here.

If it's a useful website you want to save go to favourites on the very top toolbar on the page and save the link as a favourite. You can even rename it to something more memorable to you. Then when you want to re-access it you just click on favourites again and view a list of everything you've saved as a fave. If you're saving lots you might want to start organising them into folders to make them easier to find in the future.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

thanks, Suzimc, I would be lost without step by step advice on computers, I tell you. How on earth will I survive in Oz???!!!
Old May 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
So on the face of it 7000 more Aussies entered the UK than brits entered OZ!

Do they know something we don't.......and is it as hard for them to get a visa as it is for "us"?

Link to full article
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1680430.ece
The size of the population of each country is significant, isn't it?