Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

initial entry date

initial entry date

Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:33 pm
edmund

Default initial entry date

Have just received my resident visa and was over the moon till i read the conditions 1)initial entry by july,2)must be accompanied by wife. Does anyone know if there is any flexibility with these conditions,has anyone had their dates changed? (ps its an australian visa):scared: :lecture: ( pps-its a spouse visa and i had the medical back in may 03)

Last edited by edmund; Mar 26th 2004 at 7:27 pm.

Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: initial entry date

July 2nd??? I thought you got 6 months to validate? What kind of visa is it (Skilled Independant, STNI, etc)?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this the date you had medicals /police checks done as I think you get a year from the date they were first done ?
Is it a spouse visa ? My hubbie is not allowed to enter Aus without me either !!!!!
Im sure someone else who knows for definite will answer but I think this question has come up before and you are not able to change the conditions .Sorry ,better start packing !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snowhite
Was this the date you had medicals /police checks done as I think you get a year from the date they were first done ?
Is it a spouse visa ? My hubbie is not allowed to enter Aus without me either !!!!!
Im sure someone else who knows for definite will answer but I think this question has come up before and you are not able to change the conditions .Sorry ,better start packing !!!!!!!!!!!!
The MAIN applicant has to enter at the same time or before the other people named in the application..........cos my hubby was gonna go first and me and kids to follow, but as I am the main applicant he cant go without me!!!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 8:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by edmund
Have just received my resident visa and was over the moon till i read the conditions 1)initial entry by july,2)must be accompanied by wife. Does anyone know if there is any flexibility with these conditions,has anyone had their dates changed? (ps its an australian visa):scared: :lecture: ( pps-its a spouse visa and i had the medical back in may 03)
If you had your medical in May 03 you are lucky you have until July. Once the visa is issued the initial date cannot be changed. You could try writing to your case officer but I think he will tell you the same. Most people go for a quick holiday if they cannot move by the initial entry date.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If its a spouse visa, your wife is your sponsor and so has to go to Oz before you or with you (thats how someone explained it to me)
BP is right too - if you had your medical back in May you are very lucky to have got until July - I would've expected an entry date of May.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

robsworld is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pollyana
If its a spouse visa, your wife is your sponsor and so has to go to Oz before you or with you (thats how someone explained it to me)

I have a spouse visa in which I was not allowed entry before my partner. But I believe this to be intial entry only, in order to validate the visas. As I understand it now I am allowed to travel alone (untill the 'must not arrive after..' date) should I so wish to do so.

Rob
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We were the same. Scott(hubby) applied on skilled independent class and he had to be there, for me to enter.

Like Bondipom says you will need to have a quick holiday over to validate and then go back and leave when your ready.

Not such a hardship except for the money I guess.
Cheers
B

Originally posted by edmund
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:58 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Scott&Berni,

Oh well, I'll have to take the wife with me then

The girlfrend will have to go another time. ( I wish)

Bye
Mark