Inground Pools

Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:31 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Inground Pools

Hi Everyone,

Rob and i would really like to know if any of you have had a pool built. Who did you use? Any companies that you would recommend? and the big question how much did it cost all up? We are still debating whether to go for it or not.

Thanks
Sam
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inground Pools

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Hi Everyone,

Rob and i would really like to know if any of you have had a pool built. Who did you use? Any companies that you would recommend? and the big question how much did it cost all up? We are still debating whether to go for it or not.

Thanks
Sam
We used Sundollar Pools on the Gold Coast. Found them to be very good.
For 7m x 4m concrete pool including natural bush rock waterfall, came to $20,700. Fencing and landscaping obviously extra.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Compass Pool put in by PoolWorld 12m x 4.5m, cost around $32K with solar heating, 20 year guarantee. If you do a search on my posts for Poolworld you will find the info & pics etc. We're very happy with it & enjoyed having a swim yesterday for the second time so far this season .
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:05 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

If you don’t already have it, before committing, perhaps explore the possibility of having ducted air con installed. The novelty of a pool can wear off rather fast, but of course it could be the best decision you make in a long time depending on your situation.

Ducted air con will increase the value of your home, a pool technically will not add any value, as a lot of people, including myself, would never buy a house with a pool. For the cost and maintenance hassles I don’t think they’re worth it – I’d prefer to just have my nice icey cold air con, and travel to the beach on the w/end when up for a swim.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

But isn't having your own pool part of the dream
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:14 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
But isn't having your own pool part of the dream
I’m Australian and have no such dream. I think that’s a pommy thing.

I grew up with a pool in the backyard and spent my teenage years cleaning the damn thingl. When I moved out my father had it dug up and removed. Lazy twat.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:15 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
If you don’t already have it, before committing, perhaps explore the possibility of having ducted air con installed. The novelty of a pool can wear off rather fast, but of course it could be the best decision you make in a long time depending on your situation.

Ducted air con will increase the value of your home, a pool technically will not add any value, as a lot of people, including myself, would never buy a house with a pool. For the cost and maintenance hassles I don’t think they’re worth it – I’d prefer to just have my nice icey cold air con, and travel to the beach on the w/end when up for a swim.

We have both. Don't use the air con much at all but we use the pool all the time.

Cost? alot of people who don't have a pool say they cost heaps to run and it's just not true. The only real expense is running the pump, apart from that all you need to do it add the odd back of salt and acid!

I would not buy a house without a pool!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:21 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
We have both. Don't use the air con much at all but we use the pool all the time.

Cost? alot of people who don't have a pool say they cost heaps to run and it's just not true. The only real expense is running the pump, apart from that all you need to do it add the odd back of salt and acid!

Same here.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:02 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Sam
We used Gold Coast Family pools. They were great, no mucking about, job done. For a 7.5m x 4.5m ours cost just under $20,000, that included the pipework for solar heating if we want it at a later date. By the time we had the fencing all the way around and the pavers laid it came to $27,000. We are only just starting to use it as it was put in in April and it was too cold then, but it has just started to heat up nicely, so bring on the Summer!

Hope this helps.

Tracey x
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

How much extra is solar heating ?

This might sound daft but do you have heating in the house's or does the air con act as a heat pump. We have a heat pump here but with the temperature down to -10 this winter it was useless
Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin

Totally agree, I have air con and pool, the pool is used far more than the air con, and I would not buy another house without a pool, or look for one with room to put one in thats for sure!!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

pools do seem to add value to your home as long as it is done right.

you just have to look at the property section in the news papers to see the difference in price.

we will been getting one when finances allow.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by robert cowan
pools do seem to add value to your home as long as it is done right.

you just have to look at the property section in the news papers to see the difference in price.

we will been getting one when finances allow.
Not according to Real Estate evaluations.

But hey it's not all about the $ is it. If you want a pool, go buy one. Cars don't make money, but that doesn't stop people loaning $50K from the bank to buy one that depriciates at $10K per year.

Last edited by MD09; Sep 25th 2006 at 7:46 am.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Not according to Real Estate evaluations.

But hey it's not all about the $ is it. If you want a pool, go buy one. Cars don't make money, but that doesn't stop people loaning $50K from the bank to buy one that depriciates at $10K per year.
fantastic point, it is about how it will enhance your life in the time you have it too.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:25 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

have to disagree we got aircon put in our new build....we never use it....we got a 25k pool put in we use it every day, upkeep is less than aircon and u keep fit. after we put the pool in our house has gone up 70k....in the height of summer goin to the beach (we r 5 mins away) is not an option here as we have stingers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.