Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Information reguried,Centre link - Famiy allowance...etc.....

Information reguried,Centre link - Famiy allowance...etc.....

Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:23 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Information reguried,Centre link - Famiy allowance...etc.....

Hi

Could someone tell me what the criteria is for getting family allowance here or help with child care. It maybe that we're not able to get it for one reason or another.

1. We are currently on a 457 temporary sponsored visa for 4 years but have our appliction in for PR so we don't get LAFHA.

2. Not sure if there is a income range/minimum earning that you have to reach before you would get assistance.

Any info on this would be great. I've tried calling Centre Link but either hang on for ever or hang on for ever and get cut off. It maybe that I'm waisting my time ringing them anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:25 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Information reguried,Centre link - Famiy allowance...etc.....

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi

Could someone tell me what the criteria is for getting family allowance here or help with child care. It maybe that we're not able to get it for one reason or another.

1. We are currently on a 457 temporary sponsored visa for 4 years but have our appliction in for PR so we don't get LAFHA.

2. Not sure if there is a income range/minimum earning that you have to reach before you would get assistance.

Any info on this would be great. I've tried calling Centre Link but either hang on for ever or hang on for ever and get cut off. It maybe that I'm waisting my time ringing them anyway.

Thanks in advance.
www.familyassist.gov.au
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Information reguried,Centre link - Famiy allowance...etc.....

I was told to call the family assistance office at around 7:30 pm here, apparently it's the best time to call. The phone is open from 8am to 8pm. The number is 13 6150.